Earl Cap and Ball just arrived.

Started by snowball, May-19-18 11:05

Previous topic - Next topic

snowball

After a 4 month wait, my Earl Cap and Ball has arrived.  I used 4F powder and Rem no 11 caps and fired the first cylinder with no issues.  Recoil very mild as in no recoil at all.  Penetration in clay was like a standard 22 LR cartridge for sure.  Very impressed.  I fired three cylinders and had one cap expand into the cylinder slot that required the cylinder to be removed to remedy.  Not sure why this happened but otherwise I'm happy.  A very nice little novelty firearm for sure.  Makes me want to get the other 2 versions.

Uncle_Lee

Welcome snow,
Sounds like you are getting it.
There is no cure.
More minis, more minis.
You have been infected and there is no rehab.
Good luck and post lots of pictures...
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

Welcome snowball. I have yet to try the cap and ball firearms but do enjoy my rim fires. Throw up a pic of your new found friend and let's have a look see.

Good morning uncle_lee. Coffee Is brewing ;)

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: smokeless joe on May-20-18 04:05
Welcome snowball. I have yet to try the cap and ball firearms but do enjoy my rim fires. Throw up a pic of your new found friend and let's have a look see.

Getting my breakfast ready.
Love having coffee with you...
Kinda makes my day.

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on May-20-18 05:05

Kinda makes my day.
Mine as well

postalman

Kinda makes my day.

Nothing goes better with fresh brewed coffee than some bacon! Can you hear mine frying in the
pan? I'd be glad to make some for the rest of you.
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

smokeless joe

Quote from: Postalman on May-20-18 06:05

Kinda makes my day.

Nothing goes better with fresh brewed coffee than some bacon! Can you hear mine frying in the
pan? I'd be glad to make some for the rest of you.
Postal man I just added you to my buddy list  ;)

Bj

What am I missing here?  The NAA Earl is .22 mag, not cap and ball the best I can tell.

snowball

NAA-1860-4-CB

Earl Companion Cap & Ball – 4″ Barrel

.22 Caliber / #11 Percussion
5-Shot Capacity
Earl Design

They make a cap and ball version as well

Canoeal

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Warthog

Cool, show a picture sometime and Welcome Snowball!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Bj

snowball

I'd love to show you a picture but it takes me TWO DAYS to post a comment.  I'm blocked awaiting "moderation" for some reason. 

WECSOG

Nice! I have a Super Companion, and would like to get a c&b Earl.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

lefty dude

Welcome to the Dark-Side & Dark Arts, where one never shoots clean !!!!! 8)

smokeless joe

Quote from: snowball on May-20-18 18:05
I'd love to show you a picture but it takes me TWO DAYS to post a comment.  I'm blocked awaiting "moderation" for some reason.
Probation period. A couple more posts and that "awaiting moderation" will be history.

snowball

Quote from: WECSOG on May-20-18 20:05

NAA told me the Earl cap and ball are made in very limited numbers. Explains the 4 month wait to get one.
I'm up to 30 rounds shot so far and only had one issue with a cap that expanded into the groove requiring cylinder to be removed to remedy. Otherwise it was flawless.

Warthog

Yeah, I have a Super Companion too but when I can get some money saved I think an Earl C&B would be nice too.  I love BP, I love the sulfur stench when the big cloud of smoke emerges from the gun.  Keeps the skeeters away and smells like a nice, hearty fart. :-[
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

WECSOG

Quote from: Warty62 on May-21-18 08:05
Yeah, I have a Super Companion too but when I can get some money saved I think an Earl C&B would be nice too.  I love BP, I love the sulfur stench when the big cloud of smoke emerges from the gun.  Keeps the skeeters away and smells like a nice, hearty fart. :-[
;D ;D ;D
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Dinadan

Quote from: snowball on May-21-18 05:05

NAA told me the Earl cap and ball are made in very limited numbers. Explains the 4 month wait to get one.
I'm up to 30 rounds shot so far and only had one issue with a cap that expanded into the groove requiring cylinder to be removed to remedy. Otherwise it was flawless.
I agree that we need some photos. A few with smoke billowing as the bullet exits the muzzle would be cool! I think the Earl looks a lot more like a traditional black powder revolver, and that long barrel should help with the ballistics.

smokeless joe

Quote from: Dinadan on May-21-18 15:05
Quote from: snowball on May-21-18 05:05

I agree that we need some photos. A few with smoke billowing as the bullet exits the muzzle would be cool! I think the Earl looks a lot more like a traditional black powder revolver, and that long barrel should help with the ballistics.
I agree. Those would be some cool pics  :)

lefty dude

Yes; we want to see an Earl C&B look like this.

Dinadan

Quote from: lefty dude on May-31-18 12:05
Exactly!! Like my 1849 in this shot!

smokeless joe

Quote from: Dinadan on May-31-18 15:05
Exactly!! Like my 1849 in this shot!
I think I just got a chubby  ;D