couple of pictures

Started by grayelky, April-28-18 09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

grayelky

Some pictures of the new PVD coated mini from Davidson's/galleryofguns.com for your viewing pleasure and a couple of the Bug Out II.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

grayelky

Files are too large, so here are the Bug Out II pictures.

smokeless joe

Very nice sir. I love the black finish. Do you think that coating will hold up over the long haul?

billmeek

Same question I had.  In the first photo it looks like the front of the cylinder is already scuffed.  Knowing me, the finish would be destroyed quickly unless it's very durable. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Canoeal

I like the BOII. It may, at some point, in the distant future be my next NAA, to backup my BW. Gotta get back to work, and pay the bills first ...but then...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Warthog

Thank you, nice pix!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

grayelky

In the very first pic, the very edge of the cylinder is missing some black. Like that when I took it from the box. The flat part that seems to be scraped on the cylinder does not show up in reality. As to the life expectancy, your guess is as good as mine. Any finish you put on metal will wear. Only question is how much and how long will it take.

smokeless joe

Wear or not that sure looks nice. Stealth like. If I saw a pug like that I would probably snatch it up.

Warthog

Elky, a finish will wear as the gun is fired and carried.  I still want to get one of mine Ceracoated.  Maybe if I try a different gun my guy can get it apart enough so he can do it...
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

linux_author

mr. grayelky - could you tell us more about the cylinder pin latch on the Bugout ii?

this is, i fear, one of the mistakes i made when first purchasing a NAA mini - i really wish i had purchased one with a somewhat - perhaps somewhat - more secure latch - it looks like the Bugout II has a latch similar to a Pug or BW?

or am i wrong about this? and to be straightforward, i have had no problems whatsoever with my NAA mini mag - but i do notice an elongated section of wear along where the pin's ball detent rests underneath the barrel/frame

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

billmeek

The Bugout II has a different type of latch than the Pug.  On the Pug, you pull down and twist then slide it forward.  On the BugOut II, you squeeze and the hook on the opposite end releases.  It'll make more sense if I provide a couple of pictures of the BugOut II:
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

billmeek

Just to clarify, You don't squeeze on the top of the sight.  I just did that to take a picture of the hook.  You should put your thumb in the cutout on top of the barrel and squeeze with your forefinger. 
Bill

Dinadan

Very nice photography, Grey! I have decided that I am not a fan of the black Minis, but I am pretty tempted by the Bug Out.

Bill - good photos illustrating the Bug Out release pin.

billmeek

Pictures of the Pug pin pulled down and twisted slightly to keep it from snapping back into place and the pin out of the pistol.  I had to put it on my Zippo in order to get a good photo of the pin. 
Bill

Canoeal

The pin from the BOII looks a lot like the pin on the Sheriff. it it the same?
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

linux_author

*excellent* pics, folks! thank you so much!

i'm thinking that the Bugout II may be the way to go for an alternative carry (i usually carry my Sidewinder in .22 mag)

thank you guys very much for the clarifications and details!

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

Boisesteve

Thanks for the excellent pics, Grey. I like like like the black look and the pushbutton cylinder pin too (and always carry in a pocket holster, so not concerned with jarring the pin), just wish it was the 1 5/8" barrel.
Bill, thanks also for the excellent pics on the new pins. I have tried the BW-style pull-and-turn pin release and find the old pushpin style easier for my fingers to use. The newest squeeze latch-style pin looks promising though, I'm gonna have to find one at a shop to try out... which knowing me is likely to lead to a purchase.HMM.
Be well all, and thanks again for the great pics.
Boise Steve

billmeek

Quote from: Canoeal on April-28-18 16:04
The pin from the BOII looks a lot like the pin on the Sheriff. it it the same?

It looks the same to me.  But since there isn't a BugOut II on the NAA website, I can't check the part number vs the one on the Sheriff. 
Bill

Scout24

Dang, that PVD coated Mini looks sweet...

Rick_Jorgenson

I believe the pin on the Sheriff & Bug Out are the same.

I don't own a Sheriff (Yet  ::)) but have had one in the shop to build holsters with (Thank you BigBird48!)

They should be the same length, they are the same style of latch for sure.
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

AHHHHH !!!!!
Pictures.
Thanks Folks..
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

rustyzues

Thank ya'll for the pics.

grayelky

For those who may still have a question, Yes, the Bug Out II shares the cylinder pin with the Sheriff. It is a seemingly, very secure, yet easy to use design.