Hello, new member, and questions about Guardians

Started by User7, May-16-18 16:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Gog

I would go with either (or both) the Black Widow which pocket carries wonderfully or the Keltec P32.
I didn't buy a Guardian because I couldn't find one to hold before ordering one but I did find a Seecamp 32 and bought it. I love the little thing but it is too heavy (for me) to comfortably pocket carry.  That's why I ended up with the Keltec.
I switch up between the P32 and the BW on a regular basis. You forget you are carrying either one they are so light.

boots

I have both. I first bought the 32 acp Guardian and later the Black Widow. After I got the Black Widow the Guardian spends more time in the safe. It is a good gun but with the available special 22 mag ammo the Black Widow at some 8 oz vs 16 for the Guardian the BW wins most days.

bearcatter

Guys, fussing about a 15 ounce (loaded, even) gun being too heavy puts your Man Card on probation.... ;).....I keep a ring of nine keys with a car remote in one pocket, about 12 ounces, along with a 3 ounce Puma 4 star mini lockblade. Plus, they are a lot lumpier than my 32 Guardian. Guardians reload easier than minis, too.

I did pass on the .380 over the five additional ounces and half an inch bigger in both directions. Wasn't enough gain for that extra size and weight.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Gog

Quote from: bearcatter on June-07-18 09:06
Guys, fussing about a 15 ounce (loaded, even) gun being too heavy puts your Man Card on probation.... ;).....I keep a ring of nine keys with a car remote in one pocket, about 12 ounces, along with a 3 ounce Puma 4 star mini lockblade. Plus, they are a lot lumpier than my 32 Guardian. Guardians reload easier than minis, too.

I did pass on the .380 over the five additional ounces and half an inch bigger in both directions. Wasn't enough gain for that extra size and weight.

I can't find my card anymore. Not sure where the wife hid the dang thing...

Gotta say, the feeling of the weight isn't the issue. It's the constant pulling up on the pants that drives me crazy. I don't even notice the BW or the Keltec. I always feel the LWS 32 and others I've tried (P938, P238, S&W model 60... etc, etc...). You can only pull the belt so tight!

Skip Ellis

I'm the same way - I like the Guardian .32NAA (a lot) , but I don' like pulling my pants up all the time and it's heavier than what my wife wants for her purse so it's being sold in favor of probably a Pug and/or a BW

PaducahMichael

Quote from: Gog on June-07-18 10:06

I can't find my card anymore. Not sure where the wife hid the dang thing...

my buddy Tom says his man card is in his wife's purse. Right beside his balls. Don't be like Tom.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

billmeek

Guys, fussing about a 15 ounce (loaded, even) gun being too heavy puts your Man Card on probation....

Once you reach a certain point in life, you really don't care what other people think.  I'm not out to impress anyone else.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Canoeal

Quote from: billmeek on June-07-18 17:06
Guys, fussing about a 15 ounce (loaded, even) gun being too heavy puts your Man Card on probation....

Once you reach a certain point in life, you really don't care what other people think.  I'm not out to impress anyone else.
I agree. do what you want, be who you are.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Plunkit

I have both the Guardian 380 with the CT Laser and a Bersa Thunder 380CC. They're both good guns.  If you get a Guardian, you might as well get the 380 instead of the .32.  The Guardian is smaller, the Bersa longer; both are dependable and good with regard to felt recoil.  I like the fact that grips can be changed to customized as desired. Both are heavier than the poly guns.

With regard to the Bersa, yes, it has a thumb safety, but you dont carry with it on.  Instead, you put it on when you remove the gun from the holster, and take it off after the gun is back in the holster.  It prevent accidental discharge when reholstering if you get a shirt in the trigger area unintentionally when reholstering.  The Bersa is a very safe design and a great value for the money. The magazine disconnect allows you to drop the mag and leave the pistol unable to fire if someone is taking it from you in a scuffle.

If you do end up with a .32, use the Lehigh Defense Extreme Cavitator ammo. https://youtu.be/Lf-IF1emoJI

I have my Guardian .380 for sale here in the classifieds if interested.

bearcatter

Quote from: Plunkit on June-08-18 12:06
If you get a Guardian, you might as well get the 380 instead of the .32.

Any reason as to why? I spent a lot of time and thought before settling on the .32 over the .380.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

RogueTS1

Very easy to remove the magazine disconnect on the Bersas. I hate magazine safeties. I remove every one I get.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Canoeal

Quote from: bearcatter on June-09-18 09:06

Any reason as to why? I spent a lot of time and thought before settling on the .32 over the .380.

Yeah I had the same question, unless you are referring to the 32 NAA. The 32 acp is a smaller lighter gun...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

bearcatter

Quote from: Canoeal on June-09-18 10:06
Quote from: bearcatter on June-09-18 09:06

Yeah I had the same question, unless you are referring to the 32 NAA. The 32 acp is a smaller lighter gun...

Exactly. Just a third of an inch each way, and a tenth thinner, but enough to matter. My decision was mostly the six ounces lighter, and third less recoil. Plus the gun was engineered to be a .32, the .380 was a modification. I remembered how the original .32 PPK is considered the better gun over later .380s.