Minis and pocket knives

Started by Dinadan, April-29-18 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

gebe

Very nice Gary! Abalone is da bomb! Like you, I have a something coming from Bill. Must be patient! :)

WECSOG

I've been thinking about getting a carbon steel Bear sodbuster. Maybe a lockback version; they're the only ones I know of offhand that make a sodbuster locker.
I used to have a carbon Hen & Rooster large sodbuster, but I don't know what happened to it.

Btw, someone posted a fixed blade awhile back so I figure I can do that too:
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

gebe

Those forged railroad spike knives are very neat WECSOG!

PaducahMichael

Quote from: gebe on May-23-18 11:05

I've been admiring that knife too! Wonder if I could...no - nevermind. I'd be a fool to try that.

A man has got to know his limits.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Bigbird48

Pretty easy to make if you have a forge, a huge anvil and a BFH ;D

Quote from: PaducahMichael on May-23-18 14:05
Quote from: gebe on May-23-18 11:05

I've been admiring that knife too! Wonder if I could...no - nevermind. I'd be a fool to try that.

A man has got to know his limits.

mrmurl

That spike is really cool.  I have everything it takes to do it except the forge, the anvil, I do have the BFH and the spike.  That is a nice piece.  I wish that I had the time and ability to do something like that. 
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

Warthog

I have a twisted Spike Knife, the iron isn't great for holding an edge.  Railroad Spikes make nice looking knives but you really need to check what carbon content the iron has before trying to make a knife from them.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

WECSOG

Thanks, guys. My wife bought that knife for me from the guy who makes them. It is made from one of the high carbon spikes the railroad uses in curves and other high-stress areas, or so the maker told me.

The other knife is a Green River blank to which I added some walnut slabs from my property. I made the sheath from a worn-out boot.
The NAA is my Super Companion cap and ball.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Dinadan

Cool stuff, Wecsog. I have always thought that the Green River knives were very practical.