NAA company longevity?

Started by bearcatter, June-01-18 10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcatter

Quote from: theysayimnotme on June-24-18 12:06
The .32 Guardian is too heavy for it's size.

An empty LCP weighs three ounces less than an empty .32 Guardian. And it will pick up a little more loaded, since seven rounds of .380 will weigh a bit more than seven .32s.

Maybe you're thinking the .380 being too heavy? A empty LCP weighs eight ounces less the .380 Guardian. Five ounces difference between Guardians.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

bearcatter

Quote from: Plunkit on June-25-18 10:06
...or maybe an aluminum framed Guardian.  The only negative I've experienced regarding them being carried is their weight.

I don't think aluminum would save much, and being blowback pistols, the 380 especially would beat the frame to death.

Most of the weight complaints seem to come from the 380's 18.7 oz weight. One factor in my choosing the 13.5 ounce 32.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

cbl51

Quote from: bearcatter on June-25-18 11:06
Quote from: Plunkit on June-25-18 10:06
...or maybe an aluminum framed Guardian.  The only negative I've experienced regarding them being carried is their weight.

I don't think aluminum would save much, and being blowback pistols, the 380 especially would beat the frame to death.

Most of the weight complaints seem to come from the 380's 18.7 oz weight. One factor in my choosing the 13.5 ounce 32.

Would aluminum even work? I understand the Beretta Tomcat in .32acp had frame cracking issues. To stand up to .380, would they have to make the frame thick enough that there won't be that much weight saving?

bill_deshivs

The design of the Guardian's frame precludes it being made of aluminum, or plastic.

oughtsix

If you really think NAA is headed towards going out of business you better start stocking up on their products now.  They make a quality product and after they are out of business for a few years the street prices for their firearms will go through the roof!

Canoeal

I have no such belief. Where is this all coming from?

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Bigbird48

Funny thread who started this thread any?

heyjoe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on June-26-18 20:06
Funny thread who started this thread any?

the memo writer
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Canoeal

OK, so much ado about nothing...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke