Previous topic - Next topic

Rigemortis

Kahr p380
Seecamp 32
NAA 22 lr

smokeless joe

The weight of each would also be a factor

Canoeal

Please not the guns picture are two semi-autos the flat mags, no pinky extensions and one NAA with an oversized grip...For the sake of the size comparison shouldn't the NAA have stock birdheads?...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Canoeal

Quote from: smokeless joe on July-04-18 13:07

NAA 6.2
Guardian 15.6
Kahr 10 oz
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

Quote from: Canoeal on July-04-18 20:07
Quote from: smokeless joe on July-04-18 13:07

NAA 6.2
Guardian 15.6
Kahr 10 oz
Thank you ;)

bearcatter

The photo shows a Seecamp, the weight says Guardian, but off a bit ?  The Guardian 32 is basically the same size as a Seecamp. Seecamp about 11.5 ounces empty, Guardian 32 13.5 oz.. The Guardian 380 is 18.7 oz. empty. Loaded Guardians are 14.8 and 20.8.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Canoeal

I took the Guardian weight right off the website. Sorry I missed the fact it was a Seacamp...

bearcatter

I've seen NAA list Guardian weights differently. I take the weights in the manual to be accurate. There is a goof or two in the exploded view/parts lists, too.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Rigemortis

Canoeal...
I understand your point about the grip. However, I cannot hold it well without the cvang. Therefore to me this is my minimum size. Also I shimed the grips very tight which makes removal difficult. Also I was cooking and a friend had his seecamp in the kitchen so I took a quick photo.

Canoeal

I was not trying to tell you what to carry or use it, was just a thought on the way the guns were set up. The two semi-autos were set in their smallest configuration.
The  mini-revolver was not. More of an observation than anything.

coppertop

Size/weight shouldn't be the only factor. I have never had any luck with Kahr pistols and find them to be unreliable. So in my opinion, the Kahr may be only slightly heavier and a bit larger than the mini-revolver, but if I don't see the firearm as reliable I will not carry it. I really like the size and weight of the Kahr, but for me, it's a paperwieght.

The mini-revolver, on the other hand, is reliable, in my experience, and I am confident that I can hit what I want from self-defense distances. I too like the feel of the Cvang grips and while they increase the overall footprint of the NAA, it is still a very compact and lightweight weapon. Having them in the illustration isn't an issue, in my mind, because that is how you would be carrying the gun.

I have zero experience with the Guardian beyond holding one at the local gun store. It felt too heavy for pocket carry. However, the reviews I have seen indicate it is a very reliable mouse gun. If NAA could find a way to trim the weight back (or maybe offer it in .22LR) I'd probably pick one up.

bearcatter

Quote from: coppertop on July-07-18 07:07

I have zero experience with the Guardian beyond holding one at the local gun store. It felt too heavy for pocket carry. However, the reviews I have seen indicate it is a very reliable mouse gun. If NAA could find a way to trim the weight back (or maybe offer it in .22LR) I'd probably pick one up.

Was it a .32 or a .380? The .380 weighs five ounces more, and is a little larger in every direction. I'd like a .22LR in the 32 size, just for cheaper practice and fun.

coppertop

Quote from: bearcatter on July-07-18 08:07
Was it a .32 or a .380? The .380 weighs five ounces more and is a little larger in every direction. I'd like a .22LR in the 32 size, just for cheaper practice and fun.

The .32 version. By no means is it a boat anchor but, for me, heavy for pocket carry.

Hindsight being 50/50, my thoughts on the weight of a pocket carry gun could be slanted seeing that I've carried the NAA .22LR mini-revolver for so long. When you are so used to a 5-ounce pistol, a 16-ounce gun can feel like a brick.

miker

Here's some more comparisons I found...

Warthog

Coppertop, would agree about the weight.  I have another 32 and it is lighter so I carry it now.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

coppertop

Quote from: Warty62 on July-13-18 12:07
Coppertop, would agree about the weight.  I have another 32 and it is lighter so I carry it now.

Which .32 are you carrying?

Warthog

Inox Tomcat.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Don73

I have several of the guns mentioned and carry them off and on, but my favorite pocket carry for a .32 is the Kel-Tec P-32. Light, thin and I've never had any problems with it.

RogueTS1

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

coppertop

Quote from: RogueTS1 on July-16-18 13:07
Go Baby Browning!

The Baby Browning is a great little gun but a wee bit too little. I've been bitten by the slide of this pocket pistol more than any other gun I've owned.

Warthog

KelTec's aren't a favorite of mine.  The little Beretta's are nice little guns though. 8)
-Albert Einstein

SteveZ-FL

Due to size these four get almost all of the carry time.  Weather and wardrobe decide which gets carry time and which stay home.  Lately the .22WMR gets outside more than the rest..
...SteveZ

"...you never need a gun until you need it badly" - from WEB Griffin's The Honor of Spies, and Victory and Honor.

RogueTS1

Quote from: coppertop on July-16-18 13:07
Quote from: RogueTS1 on July-16-18 13:07
Go Baby Browning!

The Baby Browning is a great little gun but a wee bit too little. I've been bitten by the slide of this pocket pistol more than any other gun I've owned.

That is why they call it the "Baby."
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.