smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-21-18 02:07
OOPS, missed a complete word.
Have, should have...
We knew what you meant ;)

Uncle_Lee

Brain fart////////////////
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

top dog

Smokelessjoe,

When will your new NAA short arrive??

You have a supply of short ammo?  I was able to luck onto a few bricks sometime back but have not seen much around lately.
                                                                                   Top Dog

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: top dog on July-21-18 05:07
Smokelessjoe,

You have a supply of short ammo?  I was able to luck onto a few bricks sometime back but have not seen much around lately.
                                                                                   Top Dog

We had a table set up at the Phoenix Gun Show this weekend.  They had a whole rack dedicated to only .22 of all brands and types, the most I have ...≥≤/ seen at a show.  Plenty of .22 short $3.95 a box / $35.95 brick.   

There was a .22mag +V  I had not seen that before. I asked what it mean, the salesman said it was a hotter load like the +P in centerfire (non of that for my mini's! lol!!)  The CCI Magnum works fine!

It seems .22 is plentiful at this time. (at least in the west)
Rick Jorgenson

billmeek

The "V" is a varmint round with a lighter grain bullet so it gets more velocity.  CCI's 30 grain +V push about 2200 FPS at the rifle muzzle vs 1875 FPS of the 40 grain Maxi-Mag 22 WMR.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Canoeal

Yep, that is the round I use when not using my SD carry rounds; Maxi MAg hp+v 30 grains...I use that because the original, Maxi mag 40 grains, keyholed in my BW...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: billmeek on July-23-18 08:07
The "V" is a varmint round with a lighter grain bullet so it gets more velocity.  CCI's 30 grain +V push about 2200 FPS at the rifle muzzle vs 1875 FPS of the 40 grain Maxi-Mag 22 WMR.

Thanks for the info on that Bill
Rick Jorgenson

smokeless joe

Quote from: top dog on July-21-18 05:07
Smokelessjoe,

Top Dog
It should be at the shop tomorrow but I won't be able to pick it til next week. I've got one box of short ammo but we've got a gun show next weekend so I'm sure I might be able to find some additional ammo there.

smokeless joe

But I did pick this guy up today

top dog

Joe,
Now looks super sweet. Glad you got one with a spare 22lr cylinder. That's what I do with all of mine.

Top Dog

smokeless joe

Quote from: top dog on July-26-18 05:07
Joe,
Now looks super sweet. Glad you got one with a spare 22lr cylinder. That's what I do with all of mine.

Top Dog
Yeah I've done that with all my minis except for an old 22lr that I found at a gun show and the 22Short that I'll pick up next week.

PaducahMichael

Nice pick-up Joe! An excellent choice.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

smokeless joe

Quote from: PaducahMichael on July-26-18 20:07
Nice pick-up Joe! An excellent choice.
Thanks Michael. I really like the cylinder pin. Gonna take it up to the range next Thursday and run a few rounds through it.

Uncle_Lee

Is that a black gripped Bug Out??
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-27-18 03:07
Is that a black gripped Bug Out??
Yes it's the Talo Bug II.

Uncle_Lee

OK.
Thought it looked like a BO.
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Gus1759

Kind of Like the bug out but just not sure about the grips.

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: Gus1759 on July-27-18 09:07
Kind of Like the bug out but just not sure about the grips.

The grips are the same as on the BUG, except they are black.  Same as on the Pug.  I like them.  They're a little bigger than the rosewood birdshead grips, but they are stickier and much easier to hold unto.  I'm pretty sure NAA get's them from Hogue. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

smokeless joe

Yeah I like the low profile with the added grip.

smokeless joe

Drum roll please...

Here's my shorty. It's just like all of yours except it's mine  8)

Honky Tonk Man

Your's is much better than mine because I don't have one ......yet.  Nice!  Bet you can't wait to shoot it. 

smokeless joe

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on August-02-18 10:08
Your's is much better than mine because I don't have one ......yet.  Nice!  Bet you can't wait to shoot it.
I will have to wait a week before I get to try her out. Next Wednesday I'm planning a trip to the range. I'll take this and my Bug and probably my AR.

Honky Tonk Man

Sounds like a real good time.  Hey, I bet that short mini would almost fit in your AR pistol grip? 

smokeless joe

Sounds like a real good time.  Hey, I bet that short mini would almost fit in your AR pistol grip?
Hmmm...  ???

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: smokeless joe on August-02-18 13:08
Hmmm...  ???
You know.  Deep cover concealment.   For when SHTF and you're all out of 5.56mm. 

smokeless joe

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on August-02-18 13:08
Quote from: smokeless joe on August-02-18 13:08
Hmmm...  ???
You know.  Deep cover concealment.   For when SHTF and you're all out of 5.56mm.
Oh I understood what you meant. It could be my backup for my backup for my backup  ;D

Dinadan

Quote from: smokeless joe on August-02-18 09:08
Drum roll please...

That is a pretty important distinction! I like my little Short, though I have only taken it out shooting a couple of times in five years. Like the LR, the grip is just too small for my hands. I solved that with my LR by putting boot grips on it. But the Short is so perfect as it is that I do not want to change it!

smokeless joe

Quote from: Dinadan on August-02-18 15:08
Quote from: smokeless joe on August-02-18 09:08
Drum roll please...

That is a pretty important distinction! I like my little Short, though I have only taken it out shooting a couple of times in five years. Like the LR, the grip is just too small for my hands. I solved that with my LR by putting boot grips on it. But the Short is so perfect as it is that I do not want to change it!
Yes I plan on leaving this as is. If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Uncle_Lee

Hey Joe, You are coming up in the world.
That was a pun. You are going down in size..... ;D
Cute little gun.
God, Country, & Flag

top dog

Dinidan,

I think that the Short is great just as is. Just like the LR Mini,it seems to be in a realm of it's own.

Top Dog

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on August-03-18 03:08
Hey Joe, You are coming up in the world.
That was a pun. You are going down in size..... ;D
Cute little gun.
;D