Best Guardian Holster?

Started by hunterguy92, July-15-18 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic

hunterguy92

Looking for suggestions on your favorite Guardian holsters. I have a Guardian in 32 ACP and have been searching for the perfect/most concealable pocket holster. What do you guys use?

Thanks!

smokeless joe

As I don't have a guardian I'll just welcome you to the forum. I'm sure others will soon chime in with some helpful responses.

Uncle_Lee

I don't know anything either.... :D
But,,, Welcome to the asylum...
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gog

There are a bunch of threads with holster pics in them. Read!
NAA should have some on their site but their pics are terrible. Hard to figure out if they are good or not.
Rick from desertgunleather makes them custom for a lot of us. You can find pics here or go to his site. He's active on the boards here.

bearcatter

I got my Guardian 32 in May. I've liked the DeSantis Nemesis with other guns, but settled on the Sticky holster for my Guardian. You can use it in a pocket, or inside your waistband, it stays put without straps or hooks. They offer attachments for it to be an ankle holster, or attached to your car console. Their website has conflicting info. The Sticky SM-1 fits the Guardian 32, the SM-2 fits the Guardian 380.

For range use, I got an Allen Cortez nylon belt holster, size 05. Similar to Uncle Mike's Sidekick but thinner foam, set me back ten bucks. Uncle Mike's for it is a size 10.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Gog

Can I see a pic of the .32 in the Sticky SM-1? I've been wondering how it fit.

bearcatter

Not photo capable at the moment, and can't find a stock photo online with Guardian in the Sticky. The holster covers everything but the grip, and the back face of the slide. The "ear" at the bottom comes out even with the bottom of the grip. Here's a photo of the SM-1:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Gog

Cool, thanks. I may try one. I saw the Thin Blue Line model but they don't show it in the SM-1 yet.

hunterguy92

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'm sad to inform you that I've been affected with the naa-addiction for quite some time now..
Ever since John Losey stopped selling his leather I've been on the hunt for an equally good alternative for the minis as well.
Even though I was hoping for leather, a Sticky Holster might be worth a shot!

bearcatter

Sticky has holsters listed for the Pug and Black Widow. Aren't other models the same size as these two?

https://stickyholsters.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+Naa+sidewinder

Bigbird48

Have you looked aat Ricks Fine custom made Leather Holsters??
He's here on the forum Desertgunleather.com

Honky Tonk Man

Although I don't have an NAA Guardian .32 ACP yet, I remember Rick stating he has a molded replica of that model.  If he hasn't made one yet; I'm pretty sure he can.  I can vouch for his craftsmanship.  He made a really nice Black Widow holster for me.  I highly recommend him. 

Tom
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

[email protected]

I have found that the iwb and owb holsters that NAA offers are genuinely the best. I've tried a lot of aftermarket before giving them a try. I wish I had just bought NAA's offerings in the first place.

Desantis Nemesis is the best pocket holster imo.

Love my guardian.

Good luck!

Canoeal

The above comment echoes mine, Rick would be sure to make you a nice holster. He will also work with you if you need something a little different than what he normally makes. He made me a nice slightly smaller than standard pocket holster for my BW, as mty work clothes tend to have smallish pockets.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Bigbird48

Seriously ? you think NAA Holsters are the best. Have you ever tried a quality leather holster? You not gonna buy one for 25$
A good leather holster is molded for a particular gun and will last a lifetime if cared for. I think once you try a good holster you will see the difference and change your mind.
Quote from: [email protected] on July-17-18 14:07
I have found that the iwb and owb holsters that NAA offers are genuinely the best. I've tried a lot of aftermarket before giving them a try. I wish I had just bought NAA's offerings in the first place.

Love my guardian.

Good luck!

[email protected]

Quote from: Bigbird48 on July-17-18 17:07
Seriously ? you think NAA Holsters are the best. Have you ever tried a quality leather holster? You not gonna buy one for 25$
A good leather holster is molded for a particular gun and will last a lifetime if cared for. I think once you try a good holster you will see the difference and change your mind.

Love my guardian.

Good luck!
Sorry for the opinion.

Didn't know that Mitch Rosen, DeSantis, Aker and Bell Charter Oak were crap holster makers and that their holsters were poor quality. Guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the opinion, didn't know you were able to discern that I've never bought a "quality" leather holster amongst the aftermarket makers I've tried.. BTW, the holsters NAA asked these companies to custom make for the Guardians start at around $40 and go up to $103.00, not $25.

theysayimnotme

I have the HIP-32D NAA holster. I bought it some time ago when they had a sale on them so maybe they will do that again sometime.
Don't know that it is the best but it is serviceable. I did cut a bit of it away at the top rear. You can also remove the belt clip to use it as a pocket holster. I do seem to recall that the price I paid was $25.00

blue_heron

I like this holster very much for pocket carry. It is made of leather and reasonably priced. It is comfortable in the pocket. I have one for a Seecamp 32, a Smith & Wesson 36 and a Berretta 21.

https://holsterpro.com/shop/ambidextrous-pocket-holster/

Bigbird48

I never said these were junk holsters, and I have seen many of these brands sold for 19$ and up, and sure their are some more expensive NAA holsters. I too am entitled to my opinion, and in my opinion is some of  not all of their holsters are not the best ::) https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/857618/desantis-pocket-tuk-holster?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Shooting%20-%20Holsters%20%26%20Belts&utm_content=857618&cm_mmc=pf_ci_bing-_-Shooting%20-%20Holsters%20%26%20Belts-_-DeSantis%20Holster-_-857618&msclkid=606e9aab483312eddfecc1e407a24443&utm_term=4585513244644281

Quote from: [email protected] on July-17-18 17:07
Quote from: Bigbird48 on July-17-18 17:07

Love my guardian.

Good luck!
Sorry for the opinion.

Didn't know that Mitch Rosen, DeSantis, Aker and Bell Charter Oak were crap holster makers and that their holsters were poor quality. Guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the opinion, didn't know you were able to discern that I've never bought a "quality" leather holster amongst the aftermarket makers I've tried.. BTW, the holsters NAA asked these companies to custom make for the Guardians start at around $40 and go up to $103.00, not $25.

bearcatter

I like leather, but in this case for on the belt, which no one makes. Many moons ago, Bianchi made a leather belt holster with a metal clip for the Beretta 21. It would probably fit a Guardian 32. I'd really like to see Fobus holsters for the two Guardians, even though they're plastic.

For pocket carry I think a "sticky" Sticky or Nemesis holster is better than leather that won't stick to fabric.

Canoeal

Easy guys: you are only talking about holsters, and that is indeed a personal choice. I have one NAA and five holsters fort it one nice by DGL and three of them I made, at different times I use each one. Not all are high end, and in the shop I don't need high end or a reload, as there is a box in the shop. Bigbird, I know you have a vested interest and do nice decorative work, but no need to get uppity. Let's stay civil, please.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

billmeek

Quote from: Bigbird48 on July-18-18 07:07
... and in my opinion is some of  not all of their holsters are not the best

Link to the holster does not work.  Link that does work:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/857618/desantis-pocket-tuk-holster
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

[email protected]

Quote from: bearcatter on July-18-18 08:07
I like leather, but in this case for on the belt, which no one makes. Many moons ago, Bianchi made a leather belt holster with a metal clip for the Beretta 21. It would probably fit a Guardian 32. I'd really like to see Fobus holsters for the two Guardians, even though they're plastic.

For pocket carry I think a "sticky" Sticky or Nemesis holster is better than leather that won't stick to fabric.

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/guardians/hss-380/

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/guardians/hss-32mrb/

These are both custom fit belt holsters for the Guardian and can be had from NAA or the oem manufacturer directly, desantis and Mitch Rosen respectively. The Mitch Rosen has a metal belt clip. I own both. Both very comfortable but I prefer the Desantis. NAA is obviously out of stock on the 32 acp Desantis. You'd have to order it from Desantis.