I GOT IT!!!

Started by grayelky, October-25-10 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

ephraim

I am uncertain wether to fire my BT or not. Does it make much difference in the value? I guess the fun factor might offset the loss in value anyway. Now that I think about it, after a certain age, who cares.

grayelky

quote:

I am uncertain wether to fire my BT or not. Does it make much difference in the value?
IF it becomes a collectable, yes. The magic question is, "Will it become a collectable?" They will definitely be rare, but rare does not make it collectable. Seen any Edsels lately? Know anybody who wants one?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

ephraim

Good point!That makes sense. Think I will shoot it.

E!

cedarview kid

I've collected two of them. Collectible? YES. For me. For somebody else? Who knows.

redhawk4

"redhawk you were kinda over eager there to be in a sandwich"

At my age you can't be too fussy
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

chopprs

......again with the visuals.

I am increasingly challenged to hold my lunch!

ephraim

In reference to dirty bores, my BT had some soot also, but a couple of swipes with Hoppe's#9 and it looked mirror bright. I have to say that the more I look at this little revolver the more I like it. I have owned a lot of firearms, but this has got to be one of the best made I have ever owned. Plus it's got to be the coolest.

redhawk4

Chopprs, you're such a prude

cedarview kid

I'm liking them more and more, too, Ephraim. Sweet little beasts. ;)

ephraim

Problem with BT. Hammer spring seems to be broke.Never even shot it. Never dry fire. Just rotate cylinder to position safety notches.  Very disappointing. Will call to return. Hope this is resolved. This is a very nice piece, but needs to function properly.

E!

cedarview kid

Ohoh.  You can remove the grips to check out the hammer spring. Maybe that will reveal something. Sorry to hear.

ephraim

naa collector, I will try that first. thanks for the info. I will try that first. Thanks

E!

ephraim

nna collecter,

I followed your suggestion. the hammer spring is broken. I will call them today. no big deal I guess, but hope it is not a common thing. Thanks for the advice.

E!

cedarview kid

Well, that's not good news, but it IS good news to know the problem. Good luck with it.

ephraim

Collector, Thanks.

I called naa today. They were very helpful. They said it was most likely a weak spring, and are sending me a new one. Looks pretty simple to slip in . I have another mini mag, and the BT spring and mounting flange are very different.

E!

chopprs

If it is any consolation, any time a gun is sent back to NAA for anything a new hammer spring is installed. Apparently it is a weak link in the system so you should not feel like you have an out of norm issue. They will fix it for free with a smile and your gun will be better than it was before.

ephraim

Chopprs,

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I did not know that. The hammer spring seems a minor issue, and I am sure it will be fine. Glad it is being resolved before I needed it in a tense situation!

E!

redhawk4

Would it be advisable to keep a spare hammer spring on hand if it is the weak link? is it difficult to fit?

cedarview kid

I'm not so sure a hammer spring is an easy thing to replace....

redhawk4

I've had them out on my real old time BT without issue, may be these new fangled models are different - that's why I asked, I'm sure someone will put us straight shortly.

coinchop

The hammer spring isn't a big deal. Just be sure to get the spring in the notch in the bottom of the hammer before sliding the bottom of the spring into the notch in the bottom of the grip frame. Also be sure that the little pin under the left grip is in place before you put the grips back on.

The hammer spring is pretty strong.

ephraim

I will let you know how it turns out when I receive my new spring. NAA didn't seem to think it would be difficult to install. Time will tell!

I have worked on many firearms, but don't have any experience with these little buggers.The BT spring is different then the other minis.

E!

ephraim

Received new hammer spring from naa. Had to compress in vice in order to install. Seems to work fine. Coinchop, thanks for your advice. It was very helpful. However, I am very disappointed with these toys. Concerned with their reliability. Broke main spring should not be a problem.  I never had a problem with Smiths.

May return BT for credit. Will have to ponder this.

grayelky

Ephraim-

I tried to send you a PM, but the feature is not enabled. If you wish a refund, please contact me.

ephraim

Grayelky, Thanks, I am still considering the situation. I will let you know if I decide to opt for a refund.I like this BT, But I am very concerned with the problems.

E!

ephraim

BT works fine. No problems. Hammer strikes are strong. I called NAA, and explained how I installed it. They said it should be fine, but if I have any more trouble, just send it back to them. Very nice, helpful folks. They said they use needle nose pliers, which I used also.

Not a very easy procedure. In the course of installing the hammer spring, I dislodged the bolt spring and it wound up under my thumb nail. Now that smarts! If anyone tries to install a spring, I suggest they avoid that.

All's well that ends well I guess. Perhaps I over reacted. Don't sweat the small stuff.

E!

redhawk4

E, it always feels a lot more pleasant when it's all made better again, even with a sore thumb, than it does when you're in the middle of a disappointment - you shouldn't feel bad about being upset at the outset, you're only human afterall

ephraim

Redhawk4,

Thanks for the kind words! I guess it's about having fun. Being able to discuss things on this message board is good.

E!

grayelky

Congrats on getting it back together. Anytime I can do something like that w/o spending an hour on the floor looking for parts, I am happy. Relax and enjoy your new toy.

ephraim

Gray,

Thanks, I know what you mean. Enjoy yours as well.

E!