I GOT IT!!!

Started by grayelky, October-25-10 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

scrounger

Hey, Ephraim.  I've got BT00141.  I'm your next number neighbor.  Maybe the numbers started off with BT00100.  Anyone know for sure?  The BT001 previously seen was obviously the prototype.  Either way, I'm extremely happy at my BT's arrival.

mayvik

ARGH..still no call...filled out transfer paperwork last night to speed things along.  *** delivery guy needs to hurry up!

grayelky

As to the serial numbers, mine is in the low 80's.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

cedarview kid

My UPS delivery guy was late, too, but not before I could make it to the dealer, so I was good. I just picked 'em up. Here's the pictures of my babies, a matching pair of sequential Break-Tops in the 140's!

Cool, the boxes came in sleeves? I've never seen that before. Is that new?

This bottom picture shows how to remove the cylinder. It's really easy. While open, depress

the knurled button the cylinder slides off.

cedarview kid

Oh, and by the way, we weighed one of mine at the dealer. It came in at 7.1 ounces, just a half-ounce heaver than a Pug.

redhawk4

How come yours were sent UPS and mine went USPS? some kind of favoritism for the Collector? ;) Glad to see you have them at last
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Randy

I called my dealer before leaving work, headed home. UPS had not delivered yet. The dealer called me when I was half way home (20 miles) and I turned around and went back to pick up my pair in the 130's. Very nice fit and finish.

mayvik

Hrm...I'm seeing a .22 Magnum etched in the barrel.  Does that spell doom for future hopes of a conversion cylinder?  It's slipping my mind if the chambering is on the gun or the cylinder for other conversion models.

cedarview kid

I'm thinking they sent it UPS locally because it was cheaper and yet would still arive quickly. I think I had a choice of shipping, but don't recall the details.

Also, I didn't notice the ring around the cylinder until I saw the photos I posted. I think the flash made that show up. It's not really visible normally. I'm not sure what that is. It doesn't look like the right place for cylinder stop marks. I'll have to check that closer.

Also, the laser-etched eagle appears dark, almost black, not shiny, like theses photos show. Another trick of the flash, I think.

cedarview kid

I think the .22 Magnum marking simply means that's how it came from the factory. I'll have to check my Magnum-only Pug.

grayelky

The Wasp came in the sleeve like the BT.

The ring you noticed seems to coincide with a roller under the portion that lifts up to open the action. It is very difficult for me to see, but, with the gun closed, a sheet of paper will meet resistance in that area. With the gun open, the little roller is recessed into the mechanism.

I have not seen the caliber markings on any of the other revolvers.

cedarview kid

Interesting, Gray. Thanks for the info.

Here's a couple more pictures. One shows the sight picture (with the front sight too high, so you can

see it) and the laser-etched eagle. My, these are pretty pieces! ;) (Sorry about the smudges. You

don't notice them much until you get close-ups with a good camera, LOL. I should've used a cloth

on it after fondling it.

sirbarkalot

Nice photos!!!  I am picking mine up tomorrow morning.............  Can't wait to get the stags that are coming in on it............

cedarview kid

Wow, that's gonna be nice, Barky. Be sure to post pics!

Uncle_Lee

I SAW MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Now if that nice lady gets the FFL to my dealer I can get them.

He does have a fax machine. I didn't know until today that he has a computer too.

I looked them over. The inside of the barrel on both of them is so dirty that I can not see any lands or grooves. I hope I can see them after I run a brush through the barrel.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

sirbarkalot

I just picked mine up.  number 116.  Who has a lower one?????

VERY pretty little gun.........  I asked my dealer what it looked like when he had seen it and I had not, and he said "like an old H&R break top"

I notice the front sight is machined from the same billet as the front barrel and is all one piece.  It will be TOUGH and will not pop out or break off.  I am starting to wish I had bought two...................

Barky

cedarview kid

The rifling on my break-tops is also not very visible, tho I CAN see it.

bama22

Congrats guys, on your new toys !

Lee, I had the same thing on a mini mag sent to Provo for barrelling: the barrel was really sooted up, or I should I say, leaded.   A nylon brush wouldn't clean it. At first I thought the barrel had no rifling. After using a brass bristle brush I realized the barrel was OK.  

Can we assume all new guns are test fired ?  

Is any new gun represented as "never been fired" really never been fired ?  

Does everyone check a new gun for evidence of firing ?

mayvik

"Can we assume all new guns are test fired ? "

Yeah.  I think they're all shipped with a fired casing to satisfy legal requirements in certain less-firearms friendly states.

cedarview kid

I got spent casings for both of my break-tops and they both appeared to have been fired. I never open the sealed envelopes.

All firearms are test-fired at the factory, but I'm not sure if they fire just one round or a whole cylinder full. Anybody know?

sirbarkalot

Mine came with a filty dirty bore; so bad that you cannot see the rifling..................

Barky

45flint

Sirbark I am 114 so I think this makes us relatives but remember I am 1 minute younger.

mayvik

Just picked mine up (and had to go back to work, doh!).  S/Ns are in the 14x range.

Both of mine also had filthy barrels, with some fouling in the cylinder area as well.  Looks like they'll need a good cleaning.

Otherwise.  Exactly what I was expecting...AWESOME.

redhawk4

Looks like I'm in a 45flint/Barky Sandwich with mine

ephraim

Scrounger, Thanks for the info. It's good to know who your neighbors are. It seem you are as pleased as I am. Thanks for the pictures.

Happy shooting!

E!

grayelky

Has anyone noticed the Eagle logo on each side of the hammer? I was showing the BT to a customer today and noticed it. If you look close in Naa collector photos, you can see the circle.

ephraim

Well, I'll be ******. So it is!

E!

cedarview kid

Yup, I showed the eagle logos on the hammer to my dealer when I picked up my BT's. Freaked him out! It was fun. ;)

redhawk4

"Looks like I'm in a 45flint/Barky Sandwich with mine"

Looks more like I'm the first to forget their serial # mine isn't 115 after all, it's lower.

Grayelky, I don't see an Eagle just a circle on mine.

mayvik

Either I am a) getting old before my time b) needing to seek a refund on my LASIK or c) suffering from Pirate Vision (aka too much Captain Morgan) but I can see the circle, and just ever so slightly make out that there's something in it that vaguely seems like an eagle.  

Hopefully my gun is just "under marked" and I'm not going blind at the ripe old age of 32!

mayvik

Family photo (minus a couple of mouseguns) that I feel obligated to post.  Actually took this to help "convince" someone on another forum that TB is the way to go!  (Sadly, discussion devolved into the merits or lack thereof of the J-22 )

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc188/Mayvik/Firearms/IMG_0146.jpg">http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc188/Mayvik/Firearms/IMG_0146.jpg

heyjoe

redhawk you were kinda over eager there to be in a sandwich.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

cedarview kid

LOL. A hot chick sandwich? Yeah, that I get. But this sandwich is sounding a bit nerdy. But oh well. I must admit I was wondering where I fit in....

sirbarkalot

That "nerdy" comment is especially funny coming from a guy in flip flops.......

cedarview kid

Toeless socks with flips-flops are a MAJOR chick magnet, I'll have you know!

Actually, for the record, I absolutely refuse to wear flip-flops. I can't understand the appeal for then at all and I will never wear them. (Did that help inch me away from the edge of nerdity? Oh well. I tried.)