Carrying Break-Top in Pocket Holster

Started by 45flint, October-25-10 19:10

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

The Break-Top fit in a Galco Pocket holster I bought last week. I have only carried a Smith and Wesson model 36 in my pocket.  This seems like nothing is there at all.  I know many of you are used to this but my Smith in all blue metal would weight me down a bit.  Also a little easier for someone to see.  The BT is like having my keys in my pocket.

redhawk4

I could only get an Uncle Mikes size 2 holster at Cabelas, but for $12 it works fine until someone produces something more worthy of such a fine piece.

Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

rjtravel

For a temporary need there is an even cheaper alternative to an Uncle Mike's.  No time to shop, therefore I cut down an eyeglass case.  Cost - zero.  On one I left the case clip attached and cut it low.  The result is an IWB that carries below the belt and is both secure and undetectable - even wearing a T-shirt.  Given that it is not very rugged it is not going to replace a 'real' holster, but for the weekĂŠor two need it works very well.

Richard

cedarview kid

I used tro carry a Kel-tec P32 in a cut-down fabric eyeglass case. They actually work rather well.

redhawk4

Do all tight wads wear glasses?  

I wouldn't have a case to even cut down, so $12 was still a relative bargain for me and less work than buying an eyeglass case and cutting it down.

Also the BT is to fine a specimen to reside in such a home made item, that is far better suited to a plastic Kel Tec or similar

grayelky

Since the Uncle Mike's is all cloth, it is a fairly simple matter to stitch around the gun and trim off the excess. You can also stitch around the gun, leave the bottom portion so it sits square in your pocket and trim off the part covering the grip.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

redhawk4

That's true it would be pretty easy to customise. I'll see how it works as it is first as I see something nicer in it's future and this one will work currently for the Guardian and the BT. So far it's not moving around in the holster, but as it breaks in that might be an issue.

45flint

did someone mention duct tape?

redhawk4

Are we talking genuine Duct tape or the imitation stuff?  

Gorilla Tape is really awesome and more upmarket - kinda like the BT, it could be handy in a "sticky situation"

cedarview kid

Heck, you could make an entire holster from duct tape and it would last forever!

redhawk4

I suppose for a pocket holster you could make it with the sticky on the outside for a quicker draw. Anywhere else and it could be painful if it sticks to your body hair

r1150r

I will be building for the Top Break as soon as possible.

John

http://concealmentholstersolutions.com/">http://concealmentholstersolutions.com/