Beautifully engraved NAA revolvers

Started by PaducahMichael, July-23-18 14:07

Previous topic - Next topic

PaducahMichael

No, sadly they are not mine. Evan Watson is the engraver and I borrowed his photo from Facebook to share with you here.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

cfsharry

Thanks for the pic. Great artist.

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gog

Honky Tonk Man

Can't help but admire talent like that!

Tom
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

grayelky

Of the 3, I like the BT the best!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

PaducahMichael

Quote from: grayelky on July-24-18 10:07

Me too! Wonder what he charges to do that?

franco22

billmeek

Quote from: PaducahMichael on July-24-18 15:07

Ask!
[email protected]

The gallery on the website has some great photos of the NAA engravings: https://www.williamevansdesigns.com/hand-engraving-gallery
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

Very nice work.. Love the BT a lot.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: PaducahMichael on July-24-18 15:07
Quote from: grayelky on July-24-18 10:07

I'm afraid that old saying, "If you have to ask; you probably can't afford it." applies in my case.  :(

Tom

Warthog

Honky Tonk Man, yeah, I will eventually own an engraved firearm of some sort that was made just for me to my specifications.  Until that day come I was able to get one of the TALO Ruger SP-101's made recently and may well still be available as I haven't checked lately and they seemed to be making a whole lot of them.

It was actually pretty inexpensive when I got mine a few years back. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

I kinda prefer the magnum. Maybe it because of the grips.

miker

A lovely detail of work by now-gone Mike Puleo.

Warthog

A real Beauty Miker, very nice
-Albert Einstein

zburkett

I agree with Uncle Lee and Gog.

Honky Tonk Man

Nice Warty!  It sure looks expensive.  I've never owned a Ruger double action, but they are highly regarded by my circle of friends.  I won't tell anyone that your's isn't a one-off custom job if you don't.  Sig has a little P238 .380 that comes with an engraved pattern and a polished blue finish.  I've been tempted...

Miker, that's as nice as I've seen on a mini!  Wow!  You can tell the relief goes deep when you look at the .22 Long Rifle lettering.  A real beauty!

Tom

RogueTS1

Great looking Ruger Warty. I have often thought of getting my pair of nickel SAA's engraved. I just never get around to it.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Warthog

Quote from: RogueTS1 on July-26-18 07:07
Great looking Ruger Warty. I have often thought of getting my pair of nickel SAA's engraved. I just never get around to it.

Yeah, me too, never was able to afford it when I thought about it and didn't think about it when I had the money.
-Albert Einstein

autofull

superb, nice work. now im really jealous.

Scout24

Some day...  :)  Such beautiful work.

miker

Should note that this unfortunately isn't mine! I just found the pics online and would have had Mike do one for me, but he had already passed by that time. Here's the other two pix of the same one. I love the deepness of the relief.

miker

Honky Tonk Man

Miker, that's as good as it gets!  That deep relief is what I noticed too.  Thanks for sharing. 

Hurricane Gale

Those are beautiful! They're so pretty!

I dunno if I could ever carry or shoot something THAT Beautiful! I mean, I could. But...I'd be tempted to put most of my range time on my other not-so-nice guns.  :P

Clynch

Absolutely beautiful.  How do you get one?  Find an engraver send him your gun and $$$?   Awesome pictures.
Regards,
Charlie

miker

That's pretty much it - lotsa $ usually, but then it's not easy to do.

Here's one credited to Byron Burges.

miker

Ruger

I am so missing something in life; as I just can't appreciate a fine engraved handgun as much as I love the simplicity of the original finish.  There is just something missing in me I guess.  Maybe there needs to be an intervention . . . . maybe if one of you guys buys me a fine engraved mini and sends it to me, I'll learn to appreciate it.  ;)
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: Ruger on July-30-18 10:07
I am so missing something in life; as I just can't appreciate a fine engraved handgun as much as I love the simplicity of the original finish.  There is just something missing in me I guess.  Maybe there needs to be an intervention . . . . maybe if one of you guys buys me a fine engraved mini and sends it to me, I'll learn to appreciate it.  ;)

I think I just admire the skill and patience it takes to do that sort of thing.  I picture the engraver chiseling away under magnifying lenses and bright lights.  One slip and you're screwed.  It must be really tough working with stainless steel.  Plus there's the artistry involved in the design itself.  If I owned one like these, I would carry it.  Back in the day I would have put it in a safe, but the older I get; the more I want to enjoy my toys with the time I have left.  Just my thoughts...

PaducahMichael

I am so missing something in life; as I just can't appreciate a fine engraved handgun as much as I love the simplicity of the original finish.  There is just something missing in me I guess.

You are a little short on Pimp DNA, that's all. Don't worry. Many people have gone on to live normal lives without it.

BTW, I am overloaded with Pimp DNA - I'll take up the slack!

Ruger

Quote from: PaducahMichael on July-30-18 21:07
I am so missing something in life; as I just can't appreciate a fine engraved handgun as much as I love the simplicity of the original finish.  There is just something missing in me I guess.

You are a little short on Pimp DNA, that's all. Don't worry. Many people have gone on to live normal lives without it.

BTW, I am overloaded with Pimp DNA - I'll take up the slack!

Good to know there is hope for me . . . .

Ruger

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on July-30-18 13:07

I think I just admire the skill and patience it takes to do that sort of thing.  I picture the engraver chiseling away under magnifying lenses and bright lights.  One slip and you're screwed.  It must be really tough working with stainless steel.  Plus there's the artistry involved in the design itself.  If I owned one like these, I would carry it.  Back in the day I would have put it in a safe, but the older I get; the more I want to enjoy my toys with the time I have left.  Just my thoughts...

Our company give engraved firearms to retiring employees that are of the 2nd Amendment persuasion.  The engraving has there name, service dates, and the company name & logo.  The engraving is always rich and well done.  Always very impressive.  But we have it done by a company that used different machines and lasers to produce fine engraving.  Kind of takes the romance out of it.

Honky Tonk Man

Sounds like a good company to work for!

Ruger