Road trip to a relatives birthday party .

Started by OV-1D, August-20-18 15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Honky Tonk Man

The last time I was on the East Coast of FL was in '83.  It was for an Over Water Survival class in Homestead AFB followed by a week in Daytona Beach for Bike Week.  Now we go to FL every winter but spend a time in Sebring, then up to St Pete / Tampa (our daughter lives there), and finally up to Pensacola where friends settled.  I guess we're what you'd call "Snowbirds".  It's a beautiful state, especially the Gulf side, and most treat us very well.  We have several friends down there that travel North to MI and other places to escape the heat and humidity during the Summer.  Reverse Snowbirds? 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

linux_author

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on September-05-18 07:09
We have several friends down there that travel North to MI and other places to escape the heat and humidity during the Summer.  Reverse Snowbirds?

and now there's another term: 'Halfbacks'

these are folks from up north that retire, sell their home, move down to Florida and then, after a few years for whatever reason, decide to sell their Florida home and move halfway back to places such as North Carolina's Blue Ridge or Smoky Mountains

i think i'm where i am for the duration (unless She Who Must Be Obeyed gets a wild hair

:)

willie
on the 'life is good' Gulf of Mexico

WECSOG

Technically a snowbird is someone who travels south for the winter, then returns north for summer. Even a Florida native who moves north for the summer is a snowbird.

There are other terms for people who move south and never go back.  ;D
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"