This hobby is habit forming!

Started by blazinwv, July-12-12 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

blazinwv

Although I have owned at least 1 gun for many years, in the last several years I have started picking up a few more. And now every time I purchase one, all I can think about is acquiring another.  

airplinker

I know what you mean. They should come w/ an addiction warning. Maybe they could print it on the barrel.

jupiter7

I'm always thinking about what's next. A curse. I stopped buying for a while, to accessorize my firearms. Mostly leather holsters and mag carriers. Ammo in bulk has been on the list, just bought 10k of 22lr  made by centurion from cabelas with free ship deal. Reloading 38spl has also been keeping me busy with components and supplies. Then I of course have hi power, service rifle and idpa matches off and on through the summer. Did I mention I'm married with children and work 60hr weeks... Anyways, gotta check my auctions on gunbroker, Sig p6 on the way if I didn't lose...

Good luck with the sickness...

redhawk4

If we keep saying they are an addiction they may get banned under Obamacare

It's certainly hard to keep your mind off buying more, staying out of gun stores and not looking at classified ads on line, are the only things that have worked for me.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Dinadan

Blazinwv - yes, it sounds as if you are an addict. I feel much the same  

way, but when I see the posts by others here, I realize that I am just in the  

early stages. Honestly, I can remember when I thought that no normal man  

could need ten revolvers. Now I have nine and I am always checking Gunbroker  

and the local classified adds just in case another one I need is for sale!

Uncle_Lee

As soon as the Sidewinders get here, I have to order a pair of the Sheriff models.

I don't know if I will buy the Wasp models or not.

Probably will about a month after the Sheriffs get here. I have a couple of the rest of the models, so........................

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

coopercdrkey

I think NAA "collecting" is a lot like stamp collecting, except it is really a drag fondling a postage stamp!

There is absolutely nothing wrong or weird about wanting one, (or two, or three....), of every model to come out of Provo.  It is a different mindset, however, from others who view the product as an implement or tool.

If I ever hit the lottery, I may very well join the collectors.  For now, I have whittled my "collection" down to a BW and a Guardian .32,  both very desirable implements!
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

blazinwv

This is for you Uncle Lee!  

When I go plinking I usually take someone with me (family or friends). Of the guns I have it seems the one everyone wants to shoot mostly is the Ruger SR 22. This leaves me with less time with a really fun gun. Those that go with me have there own guns, but none of them have a Ruger SR 22.  

So, to fix my problem I purchased a second Ruger SR 22 today!  

Problem solved!

Uncle_Lee

Now your first SR 22 has a brother/sister.

It will never be lonely again.

They do get lonely laying among guns not of their model.  

Always get two. Stop Gun Loneliness.

Late at night when it is quiet, listen at your safe and you can hear the sniffing and crying.

No, you can't fool a Beretta 92 by laying a Taurus 92 next to it. They know the difference and your Beretta will think you are stupid.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

blazinwv

louiethelump

Blazinwv:

Want another one?

I shot mine once or twice and it sits.  And it works perfectly.  Make you a deal!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

blazinwv

I may be interested. Saw where you are selling a pug and a guardian. Thinning the herd?

cedarview kid

Drug addiction = bad.

Gun addiction = good.

So don't worry about it!