Baby Browning

Started by stevez, July-28-12 16:07

Previous topic - Next topic

stevez

Went to the range on Friday with an oldie but a goodie - 1962 Browning .25 ACP.  Ran 25 rounds of American Eagle FMJs and 25 Hornady JHPs through it.  All went straight and true, no misfeeds or other problems, and filled in a pie-plate sized target at 10 yards.  It's  always fun to fire a 50 year old weapon and have it work perfectly.  Now it gets to rest until pocket duty with 3 JHPs and 3 FMJs in each magazine.

heyjoe

i have a baby browning manufactured in 1968. i love small guns.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

stevez

The Brownings were quality pieces.  Too bad many of today's guns aren't built to last a half-century or more of use.

louiethelump

Lessee............  a half century of use for a Baby Browning 25 is...............  WHAT?  40 rounds?

LOL!!!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

stevez

chopprs

bud

Heyjoe,

My Baby Browning was made in 1962. I have the little red box it came in with three magazines.  

I ruined a mag loading Hornady ammo in it. The box had a miss shaped round in it, and the round got hung up in the mag. I damaged the mag. getting the bullet out.

heyjoe

sorry to hear that. the first time i saw it i couldnt believe how small it was...ha!

stevez

Had to buy a second magazine fron PSA.  Pricy, but only real game in town, but came in two days USPS.

bflying

The Baby Browning showed up on American Guns.  They mentioned and showed a NAA Mini in belt buckle.  But the project turned to the Browning put in a monstrous buckle.  Looked like a Baby Browning stuck on a dinner plate.  I'm very easily entertained, but that show is very hard to watch.

GeorgeH

I love small guns too.

canis

Here is a pic of the Baby's older brother, the FN Browning model of 1905.  

Wonderful little gun, though it is larger than the little Baby. This one was made in the 30's and sold in Germany as evidenced by the "GECO" marking on the front strap. It is in 95+% condition.  

heyjoe

very nice.  does the grip safety affect your accuracy?

canis

Heyjoe,

It does not bother me when shooting. I think the gun just fits me well. The grip safety is always properly depressed by about the time I get the gun to go off just through my normal shooting technique.