cbl51

Started by heyjoe, September-05-18 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

heyjoe

i miss cbl51's stories. too bad he left, he was an interesting guy.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Uncle_Lee

I agree.

Go to his final posts and see maybe who/why he is no longer here.
http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=7580
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gus1759

A good writer and story teller,whether they were true or not isn't for me to judge. I miss him too.

ronald arand

I miss his stories too they were entertaining and I could see truth in them. I wish he would come back.

billmeek

You might try sending a PM via the forums: 

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=7580

He may have his account set to receive notifications of new PMs.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Canoeal

I personally think it is a shame that the PITA that attacked him is still around. And yes, it was a blatant attack, no call for stuff like that. I no longer receive any crap from Harry.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Canoeal

CB151 is still listed as a member...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

WECSOG

It is a shame, indeed. CB added way more to this forum than... well, let's just say he was an outstanding member. I enjoyed his stories. And I believe them, too.
Furthermore, a man's military service is his own business and shouldn't be called into question unless he is known to have done something wrong.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

bearcatter

It's a shame that some members of a forum dependent on the 2nd Amendment would not honor the 1st so well........
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Canoeal

Quote from: bearcatter on September-06-18 10:09
It's a shame that some members of a forum dependent on the 2nd Amendment would not honor the 1st so well........

I was fine debating, until the personal attacks started. I, in no way, think they are appropriate. Harry's comments were not overly hard to dispute and prove him less than "enlightened". But hen he attacked you and your sources...On most forums he would be given a temporary suspension, and if it continued, removal, I would support that, for attacking another members integrity. Life is too short for that sort of stuff.

Remember Harry told me to block him, and I did.

Ruger

Quote from: Canoeal on September-06-18 10:09. . . . . . Life is too short for that sort of stuff. . . . . .

Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Canoeal

My shop Mottto is: "Life is too short to paddle an ugly boat." Use it in my shop and show signs...

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Canoeal on September-06-18 10:09
Quote from: bearcatter on September-06-18 10:09

I was fine debating, until the personal attacks started. I, in no way, think they are appropriate. Harry's comments were not overly hard to dispute and prove him less than "enlightened". But hen he attacked you and your sources...On most forums he would be given a temporary suspension, and if it continued, removal, I would support that, for attacking another members integrity. Life is too short for that sort of stuff.

Remember Harry told me to block him, and I did.

I blocked his drivel a long time ago.
Don't need to waste my time on him.
God, Country, & Flag

Dirty Bob

cb51 has been one of the reasons — along with the rest of the regular posters — that I like this forum so much. It's not just the topic; it's the people. I especially like his stories and have never doubted him. I hope he decides to come back.

For the record, I've seen cb in other forums for years, and his stories are consistent, and the details don't change. That is not the sign of a liar. I miss his input and his insights, and the kind words he had for others.

Harry's a troll. He attacks someone from the safety of his Mom's basement, but he needs to try it on other venues, now that he's blocked.I have a biker bar called Hills and Dales in mind. They'd give him a special reply.  ;D

Regards,
Dirty Bob

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Dirty Bob on September-07-18 05:09
cb51 has been one of the reasons — along with the rest of the regular posters — that I like this forum so much. It's not just the topic; it's the people. I especially like his stories and have never doubted him. I hope he decides to come back.

For the record, I've seen cb in other forums for years, and his stories are consistent, and the details don't change. That is not the sign of a liar. I miss his input and his insights, and the kind words he had for others.

Harry's a troll. He attacks someone from the safety of his Mom's basement, but he needs to try it on other venues, now that he's blocked.I have a biker bar called Hills and Dales in mind. They'd give him a special reply.  ;D

Regards,
Dirty Bob

Oh Yes, Oh Yes, Oh Yes,
God, Country, & Flag

RogueTS1

Maybe CB is out there just hiding in the shadows?  :P

I have an idea. Maybe this will draw him out?  ::)

"There is no real self defense worth in the .22 or .25 caliber pistols. Shooting a bad guy with one would simply piss him off. If it does not start with a 4 then it is all but useless for self defense!"  8)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

heyjoe

Quote from: RogueTS1 on September-07-18 07:09
Maybe CB is out there just hiding in the shadows?  :P

I have an idea. Maybe this will draw him out?  ::)

"There is no real self defense worth in the .22 or .25 caliber pistols. Shooting a bad guy with one would simply piss him off. If it does not start with a 4 then it is all but useless for self defense!"  8)

hahahaha
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Dinadan

Fellows, what happened with cbl51 was definition of politeness compared to what used to happen here. Ovid and I both resigned over attacks that came our way, though we both came back eventually. (Maybe not everyone was happy about that...)

Some things may have been said to cbl51 that should not have been said, true. But, when a member starts talking about seeing the light go out in an enemy soldier's eyes when he has killed him ... that is some serious stuff. cbl51 certainly implied that he had that experience ... but he did not definitely state that he did. Ever, that I saw. When a man starts that kind of talk he needs to be ready to back it up. Either he did it or he did not. It seems to me that cbl51 was quite careful to avoid stating that he did or did not do the things that he implied that he did.

WECSOG

Quote from: Dinadan on September-07-18 15:09
Fellows, what happened with cbl51 was definition of politeness compared to what used to happen here. Ovid and I both resigned over attacks that came our way, though we both came back eventually. (Maybe not everyone was happy about that...)

Some things may have been said to cbl51 that should not have been said, true. But, when a member starts talking about seeing the light go out in an enemy soldier's eyes when he has killed him ... that is some serious stuff. cbl51 certainly implied that he had that experience ... but he did not definitely state that he did. Ever, that I saw. When a man starts that kind of talk he needs to be ready to back it up. Either he did it or he did not. It seems to me that cbl51 was quite careful to avoid stating that he did or did not do the things that he implied that he did.

I disagree. Yes, that is some heavy stuff. But I support cb's right to talk about it without owning it as personal experience, on an open forum. If it's not personal experience, and especially if it is.

Personally I'm more likely to doubt someone who brashly states that "I did this." Someone who has real experience in something like that might discuss it when he feels he is among friends, just to get it off his chest. But it might still bother him too much to come right out and say he's talking about personal experience. And then of course there's the matter of opsec.

I knew a former CIA guy who operated in SE Asia during the war. He didn't talk about his experiences there. But he did write "fiction" and share it with a few people. There wasn't enough hard info in those stories to pin down specific events. But there was definitely enough there to make it pretty obvious that the man had seen things he couldn't talk openly about.

When it comes to someone like that, I either believe him or I don't. If I don't believe him, it makes no difference to me what he says. But if I do believe him, I have too much respect for his privacy to ask for proof.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Canoeal

I for one understood and liked cb151. Maybe because I spent time in Philly, an east coast city, in the 60s and early 70s. I did not ever witness a shooting there, but I did see fights between rival small time gangs, and one guy get an eye taken out, by a belt buckle being swung. Saw several knife cuts...CB151s stories were highly believable to me... as I was mostly in the Northeast or Burholme/Cottman/Juniata Park/Oxford parts of the city not the center city.
Had a girlfriend who lived at G St. and Wyoming Ave back then...

cfsharry

I too enjoyed his stories. I did not appreciate his stories written in a fashion to imply the events described were about him. I held my peace until he implied he fought in Nam and killed a young enemy soldier when he had stated in an earlier thread he was injured during training, hospitalized then discharged. Iasked a simple question, hey joe posted " a simple yes or no" would clear the deck but he chose to run instead.
I would welcome his return if his writing was clarified as fiction so that the less discerning would, in effect, know fact from fiction.

Canoeal

Glad I can't read Harry's crap. He thinks everyone's life is as boring as his...Lives in his own Lily white, 'personal space'...and acts like he has all the answers to a very messy world.

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone..." John 8:7

Also
"Do not judge lest you be judged. Forgive and you will be forgiven....For with the measure you use, it will be poured out to you." Luke 6 37a & 38b.

jennflip

cfsharry...riddle me this....I was at viet nam yet not at viet nam----what is the answer???
   Not on the ground---in the Navy refueling aircraft carriers that were bombing the hell out of the little coommies.......

Bigbird48

So what am I? Was stationed in oki 18 months rebuilding trucks that the gooks shot up,1969-1970, never considered myself a Vietnam Vet, just a Vietnam Era vet. I think most would agree if you were not in country or exposed to direct fire from the gooks your not really a Vietnam Vet.

linux_author

Quote from: Bigbird48 on September-19-18 12:09
I think most would agree if you were not in country or exposed to direct fire from the gooks your not really a Vietnam Vet.

and not be able to join the VFW from what i understand:

https://www.vfw.org/eligibility

(i was in during the Gulf War, but not overseas)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

Dinadan

I was in during the Vietnam War, but I was sent east to the Mediterranean instead of west to Vietnam. I have never called myself a Vietnam Veteran and I do not really consider myself a veteran at all. I served my hitch and got out with an honorable discharge.

The guys I knew who were really in the fighting did not talk much or at all about it. Mostly stories that were self depreciating or humorous.

LHB

I am an "era" vet as some call us, but what I don't understand, the guys who served during WWII are/were WWII vets, it didn't matter where they served, why is Nam different?   I did my job, stayed out of trouble, had orders to Nam three times, and three other men went to Nam in my place.   I didn't swear at the NCOIC, didn't destroy government property and try to blame someone else for it, or get caught at the main gate with $300 of government film and chemicals in the trunk of my car.  I came closest to going to Israel for the 6 day war in 67, because I was the only Marine with my MOS on the east coast of North America.

Have a friend who was an air force crash-fireman.   He said that when they finished training, they lined them up, had them count off by twos, the ones went to England, the twos to Nam.  When he came back to the states two and a half years later, he ended up stationed with one of the guys he had trained with, who proceeded to tell how lucky he was to have gone to England, and how tough it had been in Nam, that at the base he was at, he had to wear the "silver suit" every seventh day, and it was bad.   Greg said that at the base in England, he had to wear the silver suit every fourth day, and it turned out he had pulled more men out of burning planes than the man in Nam had, but he isn't a Nam vet.

Years ago knew a guy who served in WWII, was in combat, couldn't join the VFW, even though he made a combat landing against the Japs.   The problem was that he made that landing in the Aleutians, and so never left the States, so no VFW.  The Legion took him in.

Bigbird48

I think the reason WWII vets are all Vets is because the war was partially fought on American soil. 8)

Canoeal

So was Vietnam, when you came home...*** liberals.

RogueTS1

I was in kindergarten when the Vietnam War ended.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Canoeal

Funny I was new to the site, Not still a proby, but only on for a little while when I got my first taste of Harry the troll. I was asking questions so I could make up my mind which gun to buy...Harry told me barrel length didn't matter, the velocities were all about the same... When I questioned this and showed some of the info I had collected he bashed me for believing it, even though some of It was by a respected writer for the NRA, Richard Mann. I can go back and find the thread, but Harry is not worth it, as I have subsequently found out, and at his request, blocked him.
I respect all vets, whether on the battlefield or not. My family has fought in every war this country has been in starting with the French and Indian, before we were an independent nation. My BIL died from the effects of agent orange, his replacement was a naval firefighter. My Dad was sent to the Aleutians where his job was to send messages to fleets in the Pacific (many of which did not exist). He is buried at Barrancas in Pensacola  with his tech 5 status. My grandfather served in WWI and came home, went to school and became a pharmacist, and never talked about the war. My father -in-law did mop up duties in Italy then Europe. He too doesn't talk about it. I know dang well most soldiers didn't get to choose where they served, so I respect them all.

Uncle_Lee

Canoeal,

AMEN to that..
God, Country, & Flag

Gus1759

I'll second what uncle said!!

WECSOG

Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Dinadan

Quote from: Canoeal on September-21-18 19:09
Funny I was new to the site, Not still a proby, but only on for a little while when I got my first taste of Harry the troll. I was asking questions so I could make up my mind which gun to buy...Harry told me barrel length didn't matter, the velocities were all about the same... When I questioned this and showed some of the info I had collected he bashed me for believing it even though It was a respected writer for the NRA, Richard Mann. I can go back and find the thread, but Harry is not worth it, as I have subsequently found out, and at his request, blocked him.
I  went back and read that whole thread. Here is a link.
http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=6989.0
Conoeal, it seems to me that you are the one with troll inclinations, not Harry.