NAA Mini 22 LR Revolver

Started by Sundrop, October-17-15 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundrop

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums, but I'm the proud owner of the Mini NAA 22 LR Revolver.  We moved recently, and when I last went to clean my guns, I realized the front site is missing from my mini revolver.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  Do I need to mail the revolver in for a fix, or will they ship me a front site to attach?  I'm not sure how it was attached (snap in? weld?).  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I look forward to browsing the forums and purchasing a few more NAA handguns, as I've not been disappointed at all.

Thanks!

zburkett

Hi and welcome.  Call customer service and they will take care of you.  Unless you are a good gunsmith, it is best to let the experts handle it.

Sundrop

Sounds good.  I'm surprised they don't have any aftermarket sights (besides the laser).  How is the front sight attached?  It doesn't look like it's welded.  It looks like it kind of 'snapped' in there.  I'm guessing it will require me sending the gun in to get it fixed?  Or maybe they would mail me a front sight, and the gun smith at the shop where I made the purchased could re-attach the new sight? 

Uncle_Lee

Welcome sundrop,,,
Question???
Are you totally sure that you have North American Arms mini??
Might it be a Freedom Arms mini??
Please check it out just for me.

The front site falling off is not common to NAA where as it is with FA.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Sundrop

I'm 100% sure it is an NAA. 

http://imgur.com/a/pnl0s

Uncle_Lee

Sure enough is..
Call Jessica at NAA.
They will take care of it for you.
God, Country, & Flag

CAPTMILKBONE

Same problem on a brand new 22MSC-PVD only I found the sight on the range floor. It fell off on the second shot fired :-(

Uncle_Lee

Hello Captmilkbone,
Welcome.
Call NAA, they will fix it right up for you.
God, Country, & Flag

top dog

SunDrop & Captmilkbone,

I usually remove the front blade sight on my minis and install a large shotgun bead sight.

It works for me but maybe not for you.

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of folks here.

Top Dog

CAPTMILKBONE

Sounds interesting, Any pictures of how to do that?
Quote from: top dog on September-18-18 07:09
SunDrop & Captmilkbone,

I usually remove the front blade sight on my minis and install a large shotgun bead sight.

It works for me but maybe not for you.

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of folks here.

Top Dog

Ruger

Hey . .  Sundrop . . . WELCOME  to the forum! Don't be shy now; stand up at the firing line often and reload as many times as you see fit.  We'd love to have your opinions, hope and dreams, along with pictures - lots of pictures!  So don't stay in the lurking shadows, stay with us and chat.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

top dog

CaptMilkBone,
Real easy to do.
First remove the front sight by pulling it off with Vise Grips or if it is welded on,carefully grind it down to the bbl.

Drill and tap a 6X48 thread hole just about three threads deep (NOT INTO THE BBL) and install the bead.

I prefer a large bead usually brass.

If you don't want to do that and not wish to alter the piece in anyway,then either paint the front sight with a bright nail polish or put a small piece of colored electricians tape on the front sight.

This way you can have a bright front sight w/o altering the piece and may remove it at anytime.

Top Dog

CAPTMILKBONE

top dog, that won't be a problem since the front sight FELL off the first time I shot it ;-)

Ruger

Hey . . Captmilkbone . . . . Welcome to the Forum!  Don't let the proby period wear you down.  Keep firing and reload often.  Soon you will be standing on the firing line with the rest of us shooting your opinions down range and reloading for the next topic.  You'll find us to be a gracious group, always eager to hear for you.  Don't forget your pictures, too!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

WECSOG

;D
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

top dog

CaptMilkBone,
Good,then the first step is done for you!!!!

If you don't want to drill and tap into the bbl,then you can file down the screw section of the bead sight so it fits into the slot then you can super glue it into place.

Top Dog

autofull

i cannot post a pic but when my front sight flew off i drilled and tapped her for a 90 degree angle shotgun white bead. looks great and easy to see for my older eyes. it only took about a half an hour to complete but i do have the tools and knowledge but it is very easy to do. just my two guy.  kevin.

top dog

Autofull,
The large bead does make a big difference in comparison to the factory blade sight.

Top Dog

autofull

yeah, it made them a fun gun fer old eyes thats fer sure.