Sad, Indeed

Started by pietro, October-02-18 06:10

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro

An acquaintance of mine, and his family, were driven out of their home this Summer, during the Carr Fire in Redding, California, with their neighbors & them all losing their homes & most possessions.  >:(

He found what was left of his NAA .22 Mag Mini, which he had left atop his gun safe:

There, but for the grace of God, go I................ :'(

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Bummer, a buddy of mine is a Smoke Jumper, he fought a few fires in CA.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

bill_deshivs

Sad, but the melted puddle is not part of his gun. The cylinder and frame would have both melted at the same temperature.

riadat

heyjoe

Quote from: pietro on October-02-18 06:10

An acquaintance of mine, and his family, were driven out of their home this Summer, during the Carr Fire in Redding, California, with their neighbors & them all losing their homes & most possessions.  >:(

He found what was left of his NAA .22 Mag Mini, which he had left atop his gun safe:

There, but for the grace of God, go I................ :'(

that takes heat treating to a whole other level. it is sad but they are alive and thats what really matters....believe me i know.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Dinadan

Quote from: bill_deshivs on October-02-18 09:10
Sad, but the melted puddle is not part of his gun. The cylinder and frame would have both melted at the same temperature.
I thought the same thing. No sign of the frame. Still a sad photo, with everything in the home burnt. I hope the gun safe was also a fire safe.

smokeless joe

All I have to say is wow

billmeek

Pietro,

Tell your friend to contact NAA and inform them what happened.  I emailed Sandy to see if there was something NAA could do (i.e. discount a replacement) to help since it's not repairable.   Sandy said:

QuoteBill - If there is a firearm to be repaired, have it returned and we'll do so.

While we don't have the capability of dealing with single-piece individual sales, I'd be happy to offer the claimant "several" accessories, which are non-regulated items and easier to deal with. - Sandy

I can't recall ever dealing with a company with better support than North American Arms. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

WECSOG

Quote from: bill_deshivs on October-02-18 09:10

The puddle looks like aluminum. That does look like an NAA cylinder, but NAA minis don't have aluminum frames.

Did the copies Charter Arms sold for awhile have aluminum frames? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Canoeal

No Dixies were all stainless.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke