Lovin’ my Pug!

Started by Adk.IBO, October-07-18 07:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Adk.IBO

Conceals so well I can even take it to a baby shower where most folks are known and trusted. No one will know! Some would consider me a nutcase, oh well...
Luke 23:34

RICKS PLACE

No, you are not a nutcase.  Places where no one is expected to have a gun are the most dangerous places anywhere.  Most of the high volume shootings are in the so called "gun free zones'.  Criminals don't like return fire.  While I usually have my B/W, I now have a Pug for ultimate concealment. 

Warthog

PUGS are nice little pieces but I prefer a Black Widow but that is just me.  I am a litle large so I can conceal a larger revolver I suppose.

PIX of my PUGS, two are consecutive serial numbered and the other is ported with a tritium front sight (top one)

Next shot are my Black Widows, I usually carry the one with the fluted cylinder.  The one with the oversized rubber (from a Black Widow) grip is a 17HMR caliber that is mostly for my collection and rarely fired.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Adk.IBO

At under 130lbs smaller is better. When I started looking at minis I was sure I'd get a BW until I spotted my Wasp. I enjoyed it for a few years then sold it, not sure why. I missed it and got the Pug. Love that it hides in one hand. This is my handgun collection. 649-3 in a Kangaroo Carry, Bond Arms with .45LC/.410 barrel in an owb holster and Pug in a Desert Leather pocket holster. Not to often carried like that but there if I need/want them. Sometimes just the Pug, sometimes 649-3 and Bond Arms with .357 barrel in pocket holster. Sometimes each one by themselves only. Always my Benchmade Mini Grip and my tactical pen and at least one gun. One of my trusted friends said " ooh don't mess with you..." I said mess with me all you want, just don't threaten the lives of me or my loved ones!

Warthog

Adk.IBO, what pen is that?  Looks like it is copper in color at least and I love Copper. ???

tell me what it is and if it is still available please. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Adk.IBO

Warty, Tuff Writer Mini Click in polished copper, $115. Needs tarnish removed at least once a month. Copper because I'm an electrician. Definitely a splurge moment for me, but I love it. I've spent more than that on Cross pens over the years. This one is Tuff-er :D

Warthog

I do like it but I have a few copper pens now so I would need to see if I can aford the pen later on in the month after I am paid.

Thanks for the info though! :)
-Albert Einstein

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: Adk.IBO on October-07-18 07:10
Conceals so well I can even take it to a baby shower where most folks are known and trusted. No one will know! Some would consider me a nutcase, oh well...

I took my Pug to my 50th High School Reunion last weekend.  I thought there was a chance I'd stay sober.  When I realized that wasn't going to happen, I unloaded it and stashed it in my truck.  Any alcohol in your blood here in my state is a fast way to lose you CPL.  I still felt naked without it.  As it turned out most of my old friends were packing heat too.  The drunk front rolled thru town without incident.  Good time had by all. 

Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

smokeless joe

Gotta go with the Pug as my most carried mini. Black Widow second.

top dog

ADK & Honky Tonk,

Good thinking all the way around.

Smokless Joe,
Nice looking pocket holster. Who made it??

Top Dog

smokeless joe

Quote from: top dog on October-08-18 06:10
ADK & Honky Tonk,

Good thinking all the way around.

Smokless Joe,
Nice looking pocket holster. Who made it??

Top Dog
It's a ragsdale holster. They are not currently producing holsters.

top dog

Super nice looking pocket holster.

Shame they don't make them anymore.

Top Dog

Crippler

Good mini! i  want to get a used Pug and get it a custom cerakoted finish. It'll definitely be my next mini.

autofull

yup, good choice. i have three of them and love em. pocket carry works great due to the size of them.

smokeless joe

Quote from: autofull on November-05-18 10:11
yup, good choice. i have three of them and love em. pocket carry works great due to the size of them.
Yep that's why it's my most carried. Plus imo it's the best loooking of the minis.

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: smokeless joe on November-05-18 13:11
Quote from: autofull on November-05-18 10:11
Yep that's why it's my most carried. Plus imo it's the best loooking of the minis.

I think it's the best looking NAA too.  It looks solid, tough, and all business.  It's the one other shooters are always drawn to when I show them my growing collection.  The BW is a little easier to shoot accurately, and yeah it has better ballistics, but the chunky Pug has them all beat for stealth and good looks.  I think it is the most likely to scare the crap out of the bad guy too when they hear it roar and see the giant fireball.  I know I showed you this before.  Forgive me.  If I could only have one...

smokeless joe

top dog

HonkyTonkMan,
Who could resist a face like that!!!!

That's a one-two punch. First the  NAA PUG then the dog Pug!!!

Top Dog

Desertvet

I just got a Pug with tritium sight.
It's a neat little pistol.

Honky Tonk Man

Welcome Desertvet!  If you haven't shot it yet, I think you'll like it even more once you do.  Great little guns.  Wear earplugs!  Perfect size for concealment, and built like a little tank. 

smokeless joe

Quote from: Desertvet on December-14-18 23:12
I just got a Pug with tritium sight.
It's a neat little pistol.
Welcome desertvet. You are in the right place for lovin' minis. Toss up a pic when you get a chance.

Desertvet

Enjoying my new mini

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Desertvet,
Come spend some time and share knowledge.
After you reach 15 posts posting pictures is easy.
We just looooove pictures.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

PaPa K

I really enjoy my Pug and BW. The Pug goes virtually everywhere with me. I did upgrade to the MM grips and it helps with control without significant added bulk. One (or more) of Rick's holsters and you are all set. ;)

Mr.Mini

I plan on adding the MM grips to my pug as well.

top dog

Desertvet,
Hopefully that PUG is your BUG on duty.

I always had a mini of some sort as my BUG ever since they came out.  Always had it in the palm f my hand when "interviewing" some POS on the road.

Welcome to the forum,a great bunch of folks here.

Hopefully that is your first of many minis. They do tend to "multiply" especially if you follow Uncle Lee's advice and store them in a shoebox!!!!

Top Dog

Honky Tonk Man

Hey Desertvet, good choice.  I love my Pug too.  Sturdy, fun to shoot and it looks like it's almost as small as your badge. Two magnum loads designed for short barrels are the Hornady Critical Defense, and the Speer Gold Dots (my favorite).  They are not the cheapest, but most around here prefer them for carry.  Be careful out there.