Glock 42 Owners

Started by RICKS PLACE, October-19-18 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

RICKS PLACE

Anyone own a Glock 380 ?    Anyone tried the trigger block ?  I had one on my Glock 19 before my son thought it looked better in his collection than in mine.  This is the small plug that goes behind the trigger for safety reasons.  My question is, the Glock 42 .380 is smaller than the 19, so does anyone make a trigger block actually make for the .380?  I have put off getting a M42 till I find on.  If so, where do you get them?       

billmeek

I own a Glock 19, 23, and 26.  I went to the local range and rented a Glock 42 and 43.  I did not enjoy shooting either one of them.  Something just felt "off".  But I have no problem with the Sig P365.  I'd try one of the small Glock's out (if possible) before buying one.

With the number of internal safeties on the Glocks, I think a trigger block is a bit of overkill.  But here's one example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NLN2JQ6
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

RogueTS1

Not a big fan of the Glock trigger blocks. It seems to me that it is just another thing to get in the way when the firearm may be needed. It keeps the trigger from being unintentionally being pulled. Carrying a Glock safely, or any striker fired pistol minus an exterior safety, one must have a correctly designed holster for the model pistol they are carrying to keep the trigger covered and kept from being unintentionally pulled.

If one has the holster why would they need said trigger block? If they do not have said holster why are they carrying a chambered striker fired pistol? Just does not make sense to me.  ???
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Honky Tonk Man

I have a Glock 43 (9mm) and one of the things that appeal to me is how quickly you can get it into operation.  Pull the trigger and it goes bang every time.  I wasn't a Glock fan at all, but when they introduced the single stack 43, and offered me one thru their blue label (dirt cheap for LEO or MIL) price, I bought one.  With all the internal safeties built in, I think a trigger block is unnecessary.  The G43 is just a little bigger than the G42, and I believe the slide is easier to rack on the G43. 

It's the most accurate carry gun I own.  Over 1,000 rounds of every brand and bullet type and weight fired with no malfunctions.  I even tried to limp wrist it, and it worked every time.  Glock guys joke that if you jammed rocks into the magazine it would still feed and eject.  My only gripe about the gun is the polymer (plastic) sights.  Almost everyone changes them out.  I only have one handgun I'd trust more in a sticky situation, and that's my J-frame 340 PD .357 Mag.  I named those two guns.  I call the Glock "Chicago" and the S&W "Detroit". Sig P-238 gets an honorable mention.  Of course NAA rules the rest of the time. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

KEN AR

I have a 43 and love it!  I put on the Taran Tactical 1 round and 3 round mag extensions.  1 rounder is about a 1/16 longer than factory base plate and the 3 rounder looks good and adds much needed capacity to my back up magazine.
The 2 round extension gives a great grip on this pistol.

I'd go 43 vs the 42.  9mm just gives me more confidence than 380.

My son shot mine and decided that he had found his new carry gun, Glad I have the GSSF ( Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) membership.  You get to buy 1 blue label (aka: Law enforcement price) gun a year. 
Member ship in GSSF is way below what you save on the guns!

Honky Tonk Man, I guess the Sig P-238 would be called Memphis since they are the 3rd deadliest city in the US.

And just to keep Uncle Lee happy: Photos of Gunleather, from our favorite little leather shop in the Desert!
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

KEN AR

Still do not understand why my photos flip when uploaded...Show correctly on my screen.

Shots of 2 round Amazon mag extensions.
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

billmeek

The photos can be clicked to view them right-side up. 

Cell phones add rotation data into picture files about how they are to be displayed.  The code in the forums that creates the thumbnails does not read that rotation data and so the thumbnail is incorrect. Clicking on the image displays them full-size so the rotation data is used.

The best way to handle the problem until the forums are updated with a fix is to use a graphics editor to set the rotation correctly and strip out the EXIF data and thumbnails.  Example using GIMP on a PC:

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=15192.msg156325#msg156325 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Honky Tonk Man

Ken, glad you like your Glock.  They are remarkable.  I never thought I'd buy a plastic gun, but I slowly came around.  I've always been a metal and wood kind of guy, but practicality finally won out.  I saw those Taran Tactical mag extensions, but when I was in the market, they were always out of stock.  I settled on the Pearce +1 mag extensions.  They are well made and I've never had a malfunction with them.  They too are only slightly larger than the standard Glock mag with finger extension. 

I didn't know about Rick and DGL when I holstered up with "Chicago".  I ended up with a cheap Desantis OWB holster, and an expensive High Noon horsehide IWB.  I'll send a picture after the sun comes up here. 

I use these Tru-Glo sights.  They are really nice.  Fiber optics AND tritium.  The best of both sights all-in-one.

https://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-Tritium-Fiber-Optic-Handgun-Pistols/dp/B00R81VDO6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1541331902&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=glock+43+sights&psc=1

This pic shows my mag extension and the weight when loaded 7 + 1.  Hope it's right side up!

Bill, thanks for that tip about enlarging the photo to make it right side up.  Your cure for the problem will take a little time to digest.  I envy your computer skills! 

Honky Tonk Man

DeSantis Holster  cheap, but functional.

Honky Tonk Man

Expensive horsehide IWB from High Noon Holsters in FL.  I found out the hard way IWB doesn't work for me.  Bursitis in my hips is aggravated when I have to cinch my belt up tight enough to hold my pants up. 

Rick, from Rick's place, did you ever get your G42?  Sorry we kind of hijacked your G42 thread with these G43 posts.  I don't think you could go wrong with either model.  Just wanted you to consider all options. 

top dog

Rick,
A trigger block is an accident waiting to happen.

Trust me,WTSHTF the fine motor skills to punch out the trigger block pretty much went out the window.

The Glocks have several passive safeties that do a very good job.

Just get a proper holster that will protect the trigger and you will be safe.

Millions of Glocks out there with no accidental discharges UNLESS THE TRIGGER IS PULLED!!!!

Top Dog

Talldog

I love my G42, but I would never consider a trigger block. You might want to consider something like this:

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device/

Warthog

No Glocks for me, handle like a brick IMO.  Glad you all like yours though.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: top dog on November-04-18 12:11
Rick,
A trigger block is an accident waiting to happen.

Trust me,WTSHTF the fine motor skills to punch out the trigger block pretty much went out the window.

The Glocks have several passive safeties that do a very good job.

Just get a proper holster that will protect the trigger and you will be safe.

Millions of Glocks out there with no accidental discharges UNLESS THE TRIGGER IS PULLED!!!!

Top Dog

Top Dog, your post sums up my worst fear.  I like handguns, so I have a variety.  I carried many of them, but something in the back of my head asks, Will I have the presence of mind to get my gun into operation immediately when SHTF??  You have too many variables in that situation already without having to worry about safeties, or hammers, UNLESS that's all you carry, and muscle memory takes over.  I don't carry anything with a manual safety or a single action hammer these days.  I want to draw, or pick up the gun and pull the trigger.  My only exception is my NAA collection.  I've shot those enough to have the manual of arms hard wired in my brain.  Simplicity and reliability rule the day for me.  I carry the S&W 340 PD (hammerless D/A, .357 mag J-frame) or the Glock43.  They are as simple and reliable as I've found.  Pull the trigger - BANG!  That trigger block sounds like a bad idea to me. 

top dog

HonkyTonkMan,
Yep,I agree with you. The KISS principle applies especially when TSHTF.

Don't want to put any extra factors in an already bad situation.

The pucker factor is alive and well during stressful situations.

Top Dog

RogueTS1

Quote from: KEN AZ on November-04-18 00:11
Still do not understand why my photos flip when uploaded...Show correctly on my screen.

Shots of 2 round Amazon mag extensions.

Ken; do you live in Australia? That could be the reason why.  ::)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RICKS PLACE

No, I have not got a G42 as of yet.  I will look and mess with a gun for maybe  months before I buy.  This thread has convinced me I do not want a trigger block.  I have a G19, but, being raised with a 1911, it just didn't fill the bill and my more modern son has my glock, I still use the S&W 5906 I carried for years as a LEO.  My S&W J frame still fills in when I don't carry my B/W.  The G42 just looks better for pocket carry if I could just get my mind set on a striker fired round in the chamber type weapon.  I have many hours of training and shooting with Glock as a LEO, my brain just will not make the connection. 

billmeek

Quote from: RICKS PLACE on November-10-18 16:11
The G42 just looks better for pocket carry if I could just get my mind set on a striker fired round in the chamber type weapon.

If you do decide to go the striker route, take a hard look at the Sig P365. 
Bill

Canoeal

I am the ultimate of KISS. When The SHTF I want a DA/SA 4" barreled revolver with several speedloaders and My BW as a backup. Long term, ad a Henry in .22 mag w/peep sights and a scope and either a second Henry in larger caliber (30/30 or the new long range) scoped, or a Mini 30. All I need to get by, with a little help from my friends...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke