my first mini - original Blackjack

Started by Crippler, November-03-18 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Crippler

Hey everyone. I've been looking for a mini revolver or derringer for a while. Just a few days ago i went into my local pawn shop and they had one of each. I noticed the mini they had wasn't a typical one i'd seen online. I cruised the store while i googled on my phone, finding out that this cool, black model was a limited edition TALO Blackjack. For $210 ($235 out the door), I couldn't snooze on it! It was quite dusty and sorta showed its wear, but since i cleaned it up, it looks and feels great. The action is crisp and i like the quality craftsmanship. I only have a few firearms, but decided I want them all in black...so this rare score is just what i was looking for. I love the super short, ported barrel. I will probably take this bad boy and my Walther P22 to the range in the next few days and see how it goes.  8)

Honky Tonk Man

Welcome to the forum Crippler!  Sounds like you scored a nice mini.  Sure wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of it.  Be patient with your posts, especially any with pictures.  They seem to take longer until you get off probation.
(15 posts)
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

smokeless joe

Welcome crippler. Nice find. Post some pics when you can. We love looking at NAA's

Crippler

Quote from: smokeless joe on November-04-18 13:11
Welcome crippler. Nice find. Post some pics when you can. We love looking at NAA's

one is pending in my original post, but i will also take more this week.

I may switch to the two-piece rubber grips, just to preserve the nice spade ones i have. hmmm

pietro

Welcome to the board, Crippler !

This is my Blackjack.... ;)

:D
Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Welcome Crippler!

Yes, post a picture of your new firearm when you are able, we love pix here. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Gus1759

Welcome Crippler, yes pictures please we love em.

grayelky

Crippler-
Welcome!I have one of the Black Jacks I carry. I like things that are not like everyone else's, and this certainly qualifies.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

franco22

Welcome aboard Crippler. Nice score.

top dog

Crippler,
Welcome aboard.

Yes,by all means post a lot of photos,the reason is that most of us here cannot read so we have to look at pictures.

Just one mini?? That will change................................soon.

Top Dog

Crippler

Bigbird48

Crippler is your Black Jack the wood grips with black spade or the white pearl grips with spade???

smokeless joe

Quote from: Crippler on November-05-18 08:11
haha. i want a Pug next  8)
Excellent choice. My Pug is my favorite and most carried mini.

Crippler

Quote from: Bigbird48 on November-05-18 08:11
Crippler is your Black Jack the wood grips with black spade or the white pearl grips with spade???

It's the first gen Blackjack -- so it is black with wood grips, with the spade engraved in them. Pics coming soon!

Crippler

trying a pic again...

Bigbird48

Thanks I' ve been looking for that one I have the pearl grip BJ but want the wood grips to complete the pair.
Good find for you :)

Honky Tonk Man

Really nice Crippler!  Thanks. 

Crippler

I ordered the two piece rubber grips and some boot grips, to see which I like more, or to swap in and out when I'm bored. lol.

I went by half a dozen pawn shops looking for another NAA mini. Saw an LR model and a Sidewinder, but outside of budget at $350 each. (Guess I did good on my Blackjack!)

The last pawn shop had a box of random gun and magazine holsters. I ended up finding a couple of things that (sorta) fit my magnum... $5 for each holster. One is a NAA brand, but I feel like it might be for LR frames or even Short frames... i dunno. Pics for yall that are more familiar with the dimensions. The tan one is a little snug, the black one is a little loose. I might modify the black one by sewing a new seam to tighten it up, maybe even remove the clip and the trigger guard strap since it's too big...

smokeless joe

Honky Tonk Man

Hey Crippler, that tan holster looks a little small.  The black one looks like it covers the hammer with a strap at least.  If you want to go first class, give Rick's holsters at  Desertgunleather.com  a look.  You've probably seen his work on the forum.  He's a member here.  That good looking mini deserves some new clothes! 

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )