New Sidearm For Sentinels At Tomb Of Unknown Soldier

Started by mainstreet, November-11-18 11:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Honky Tonk Man

Thanks mainstreet.  Awesome weapons, eh? 

I got this link from Sig in todays email. All about the 3rd INF and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.  Great bunch of guys.   Worth a look.  Happy Veteran's day all! 

https://youtu.be/uB3WbQWVpY8 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

linux_author

yep - used to be stationed next to the Old Guard in DC SW... War College in there...

of course we were headquartered in a Grade C GSA converted paper warehouse... the site is now going to be developed into million-dollar condos with a view of the Anacostia... more housing for the DC elites...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

Warthog

Good for them.  Saw them once when in DC.  It was a horrible day, the wind was blowing so hard I thought it would take me off my feet.  Rain and cold too, the guards just kept doing what they do and didn't pause once.  It really impressed me and I also was glad they were part of our side.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Honky Tonk Man

When I came back from overseas, I was stationed at Arlington Hall Station in Arlington, VA. ('70 to '72) near Rte 50 and Glebe Rd.   I lived off post and our street ended at the Arlington Cemetery.  I processed out of the Army at Ft Myers, VA home of the 3rd Herd.  Small world. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver