shooting bt

Started by mec, October-28-10 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

mec

The revolver is very well done and meets my expectations.

Starting out with the gun palmed at waste level, I shot it at three, five and seven yards as fast as I could get a sight picture and trigger the round.  (picture)  I shot it at fifteen yards very deliberately and put all shots in the ten or upper third of the 9 ring of the b27 target. I would not be hard to score 100 percent on the Texas CHL demo course.  The point of impact was several inches above the sight picture and pretty much on horizontally.  

I also shot from twenty yards with a number of different loads both from two hands and one hand mainly to establish that bullet flight is stable. There were not yaws or keyholes in any of this shooting.  

In the first few cylinders full with the chambers clean, I was able to snap the gun open,  invert the gun and lightly shake out the empties with the slower cci 40 grain solid load though if you do this with your thumb pressing on the cylinder release, it will fly out too.  

silvershooter

good job on your range report Mec, glad to hear accuracy was good and no keyholes.

Everyday I wish more that I had ordered one, but alas finances didn't allow it.

mayvik

I wish I could shoot mine.  Stupid range is shut down due to grass fire, reopening TBD.  I'm going to have to resort to attempting to find another "local" place soon to cure the "gottashootit" twitch.

mec

Helps to have backup ranges if you're so lucky.  I have a couple which is good at this time of the year as the club range is overrun with deer hunters and their guests sighting in their deer rifles and handling them with minimal care.

cedarview kid

I--and half of the county--go shooting about five miles south of my house. On a Saturday morning, it's sometimes difficult to find a spot. And it's only "closed" when there's a blizzard. LOL.

lewiss

Mayvik, you don't happen to do your shooting in the Denver metro foothills, do you?

zippovarga

It appears the accuracy is spot on with my BW and 1 5/8" Magnum. Thanks a ton for the range report!!