Official BP Firearm Thread!

Started by Warthog, November-05-18 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic

billmeek

QuoteThe origin of the English word gun is considered to derive from the name given to a particular historical weapon. Domina Gunilda was the name given to a remarkably large ballista, a mechanical bolt throwing weapon of enormous size, mounted at Windsor Castle during the 14th century. This name in turn may have derived from the Old Norse woman's proper name Gunnhildr which combines two Norse words referring to battle.[3] In any case the term gonne or gunne was applied to early hand-held firearms by the late 14th or early 15th century.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

I want to marry a girl named Gun Hilda.  LOL
;D ;D
Thanks Bill, for the info posted as I couldn't find it.  My Google Fu has faded over time.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

billmeek

You're welcome Warty.  I have to keep my Google-Fu sharp... because my memory isn't.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

My Google Fu is bad because my memory is also on the down trend. ;)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Fharing

My wife with our side by side howda, 20x20 :P

Canoeal

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Warthog

Howda DO! ;D ;D ;D

That looks like it would be a heck of a lot of fun to fire Fharing!
-Albert Einstein

Warthog

Nice!  Maybe someday...on the list.... 8)
-Albert Einstein