Combination Guns & Frontstuffers

Started by pietro, November-04-18 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro

I've long (since 1967) owned/shot/hunted with many different Savage/Stevens Model 24's (in 20ga or .410, and either .22LR or .22WMR), but never really cared for the microscopic open sights, and a scoped version made using the shot barrel problematic.

Sooooo, several years ago I jumped on this Chiappa Double Badger .22WMR/.410 combination gun for under $300, ordered new.

The DB folds for compact transportation and has issue fiber-optic open sights - which both work for me.

(The compact case is an AR soft case, bought new online for $28)

Moving to the dark side, I've had/used these Thompson Center downsized (from the T/C Hawken) Cherokee & Seneca .45cal caplock rifles successfully since 1985.

Those models have locks & stocks much smaller & more refined than a Hawken, and have thinner barrels (13/16" vs 15/16" or 1") to save weight (about 4-1/2-5lbs).

Cherokee's were issued with 24" bbls; Seneca's 27" bbls

Oh, and I lately acquired a matching .36 Seneca (lower rifle, below) to use during small game seasons, when my .45's are not allowed in my state.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Nice!  I have a few BP rifles and handguns as well.  I wish I had the over under you have, I had one when I was little but it was Dad's and he sold it.  He had both a 22Lr and 22WMR over 410, interchangeable barrels.  I loved those and would go out and shoot with them all day, sometimes taking a bunny or squirrel to eat too.  I wish he had told me he was selling those, I wold have bought them. :(
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

autofull

cool, i would like a over under 22lr. yep, both barrels in 22lr.

pietro

Quote from: autofull on November-14-18 09:11
cool, i would like a over under 22lr. yep, both barrels in 22lr.

You could float your boat with a .22lR/.410 O/U and a LR chamber insert for the .410 barrel.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

I know I could, O/U 22LR/.410 is a great little gun. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein