Hunting with naa

Started by Fharing, December-16-18 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Fharing

22 short Hp ,shot was 20 yards half way up tree.
He was dead on dropping. I love this bug out ;D

smokeless joe

Good shooting. Good eating. I would not have been able to hit that at 20 yards.

red14

''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

Honky Tonk Man

Good job Fharing!  Your "Bug Out" proved it could be relied on for it's prepper role.  With .22 short no less! 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Warthog

Fharing, great shot!  Squirrel is good eats!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

top dog

Fharing,
I could not have made that shot at 20 inches!!!!

Maybe they should have a special squirrel season for folks using the minis???

Top Dog

Uncle_Lee

Way to go.
Did you shoot its eye out??? ;D
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

OLD and GRUMPY

NICE!  Big brown dog brings me those. Wife wont let me cook them.

Score--Big Brown Dog 10. Rodent 1.  Bug eyed rodent jumped the pool. 60 pound dog tried to follow. Gravity !  Dog learned to swim!

Death before Decaf !!!!!

Mr.Mini

Those grips look awesome!

Warthog

Big Brown!  Nice Doggie! :D
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

top dog

O&G,
Super nice doggy you have there!!!!

Top Dog

ray

bearcatter

Poor little squirrel.....now he'll miss Christmas with his family.....

You can guess I'm not a hunter, I like watching them in my yard..........
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Warthog

Bearcatter, I love to watch the squirrels and bunnies, and birds and whatever, run around  my yard doing animal stuff and having the time of their lives. 8)

I also love to watch my cat look out the window at all the goings on while she wishes she could get out there and eat some other beast.  Then she turns over and goes to sleep.  My cat can sleep in any position, anywhere she is at the drop of a hat.

My yard has the most trees.  I have pretty much the only large trees for a few blocks until you get back up to the main road.  I put out seed, and sometimes some salt, some suet with seeds in it because they all seem to love that stuff.  Then, I watch them out my windows and think about how cool it would be to be a...squirrel or bunnie or bird!

Somehow though it doesn't stop me from wanting to eat them.  I love bunnie and squirrel meat.  Haven't really eaten many birds other than turkey and chicken and some duck.  I would love to try it though, oh I have had pheasant too.  It was really good.

Thanks Folks, I am sure if it is to be, it will be and I will get my chance to do some hunting. 8)
-Albert Einstein

dsnitker

I love that handle on the bug out, do you mind sharing the source?  I'm interested in something similar for mine.

Fharing

Grips are from the NAA store links at top of forum. Oversize rosewood I think, we call them secret service grips 8)

red14

Quote from: Fharing on December-19-18 22:12
Grips are from the NAA store links at top of forum. Oversize rosewood I think, we call them secret service grips 8)

''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

Honky Tonk Man

Does anybody know when, or better yet how those grips were named "Secret Service Grips"? 

billmeek

Oldest reference on the forum I could find:

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=632.msg11444#msg11444

I suspect that they got the name because of the similarity to the Secret Service grips from the Eagle Grip:

https://www.eaglegrips.com/107-secret-service-series
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Honky Tonk Man

Thanks Bill.  I remember it going back quite some time.  I think I've even seen the BW and MM rubber grips called Secret Service grips.  There's not a lot of difference as far as shape goes. 

dsnitker

Thanks a bunch!

Warthog

Bill, you have amazing Google Fu!

Thank you as I was wondering about Secret Service Grips when I saw that earlier. ???
-Albert Einstein

billmeek

Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

RogueTS1

Yes; some time long ago when the Feds still carried revolvers the SS tasked a grip maker I believe to be Eagle Grips to design something the agents could get a better purchase on their guns with. Eagle designed and sold the Secret Service grips.

Thereafter grips that have that design have come to be known as Secret Service Grips. The Oversized NAA grips definitly have been fashioned after the original SS grips.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Honky Tonk Man

I used to live near Eagle Grips in Chicagoland.  They made a set of Sambar Stag grips for my Colt SAA.  Nobody else could find an antler big enough to make them.  I brought my gun in and went to lunch while they did a final fitting.  They do good work.  I can believe the SS would turn to them.  I posted this before if it looks familiar...

billmeek

Bill

Canoeal

Yeah, I saw that too...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Honky Tonk Man

They look pretty nice Bill.  They're not cheap, but are the real deal.