New Wilson Combat / Beretta 92-G Brigadier

Started by billt460, December-31-18 03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

billt460

I've been trying to grab a factory stock Beretta Model 92 Brigadier for a while now. The problem is they are never in stock.... Anywhere. Either in the Bruniton or Inox finish. This Wilson Combat 92-G is the cream of the crop, albeit pricey. Davidson's got 5 of them in on Christmas Eve, so I immediately ordered one. Beretta / Wilson does a nice job on these pistols, with the slide fitting, trigger, sights, hammer, frame checkering, springs, extended steel magazine release, and pretty much everything else. Like all Brigadier's it has the much thicker slide.

When you break it down, the price isn't too bad if you add up the cost of all the custom Wilson Combat parts they put in it. There was a guy on You Tube who sent his stock Beretta 92 in, to have all the upgrades and action tune done. He said it ran him around $750.00. Throw in the cost of the gun on top of that, and it's right around what I paid for the whole gun new in the box. Plus the gun ships with 3, 15 round magazines, that are supposed to be "sand resistant". I have no idea how a magazine can, "resist sand". Most likely sales hype. I've got several 17 and 20 round Mec-Gars on hand for my other Beretta 92, so I'm good in the magazine dept.

I'll most likely wait until after the 1st to get to the range and crank it up. That way everyone will be back to work, and the range won't be so crowded. I've read nothing but good reviews on this pistol. And I'm feeling pretty safe and confident buying any gun with the Wilson Combat name on it. They don't make junk. Here are some pics of it. Anyway, at my age I'm finding the best Christmas presents are the one's you buy for yourself.

linux_author

range pics! that ain't no shelf queen!

:-)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

RogueTS1

Excellent Billt; I love it. Great buy; great gun. Look forward to the AAR on this one.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

billt460

I got the Wilson Combat / Beretta out to the range early this morning. I brought 350 rounds but only fired 250. It was really cold and damp out, and my fingers were freezing from loading the 3 magazines I brought with me. The gun shot beautifully. Not a single malfunction. The trigger is nice, but typical Beretta with a lot of take up in single action. But it broke nice and crisp, at what I would guess to be right around 5 pounds or so. The sights are crystal clear, and print at point of hold.

All my shooting was from 50 feet. Normally I like shooting from 25 yards. But we got a lot of rain the other day, and the range was really muddy beyond the 50 foot target stands, so that is where I shot from. . All 3 of the Beretta supplied magazines loaded and fed flawlessly. My ammo was all Remington 115 Gr. FMJ Law Enforcement Training Ammo. I started shooting as soon as it was light enough to see the target. And this ammo provided quite a bit of muzzle flash. The cases all piled up in a neat 3 foot circle just a few feet to the right, and back about the same amount.

The gun shoots well, and is very accurate. Even with cheap ammo. Overall I'm very pleased with it's performance. One would expect as much from a $1,300.00 pistol. But these days you never know until you shoot it. This thing will get shot a lot. Between the excellent sights, good trigger and ergonomics, and butter smooth slide and action, it's pretty hard to put it down.

linux_author

very nice! it's great when you hit the range and everything works fine... i went this morning and ran 200 rounds though my little Ruger Charger Takedown pistol - not a single FTF or FTE, which is surprising for rimfire...

nice shootin'!

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico