CCI VNT 22 WMR in NAAs

Started by billmeek, January-19-19 15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

billmeek

How do you think the new 22 WMR VNT by CCI would do out of a NAA revolver?  The VNT 22 WMR is 30 grain at 2200 FPS (rated by CCI). 

While they don't have it on their webpage, you can see it in the 2019 catalog:

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/downloads/CCI_Catalog_2019.pdf

There's also a few other new rounds there too including some CCI Quiet semi-auto.  They are 25 FPS faster and 45 grain rather than 40 so they are supposed to cycle semi-autos more reliably.

Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

IDK, I bought some of the CCI truncated cone ammo with a copper coating on it for my Henry and also to use to plink and target shoot at the range.  It is a 36 grain bullet, I have been using it a while now, and recently I bought a couple cases of it to have because it was on sale. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

MtGoat

Glad to see that the Mach II has not gone away.

Pat

Warthog

Pat, was never able to get a Mach II I could afford or was in good enough shape to own.  Only a couple of 17HMRs...do you have a 17 Mach2 Mini?  Are you willing to show me a picture.  Send it in a PM if you don't like to post in the open.  Just something I always thought I might be able to find.... 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

MtGoat

No, I don't believe they made them in the Mini that I every saw.
The HMR was a bit of an issue so they didn't stay with the manufacture or develop it with a Mach II.

I have a Summit rifle in Mach II and a Sako Quad in Mach II.
Ammunition was next to impossible to find so I am ecstatic that CCI is continuing to develop and manufacture the round...hopefully Hornady will stay with it so ammunition is easier to get.
I believe Ely has dropped it from their line.

Pat

Warthog

Thanks Pat...must be why I was never able to find an NAA Mini in Mach II to buy. 8)
-Albert Einstein

Boisesteve

Dunno about the CCI vnt, but I chrono'd their 30 gr. pointy plastic tip 22mag offering and it made the most calculated energy of everything I shot through my 1 5/8" mag. "IF" it's the same case and powder with just a different bullet on the end then I'd guess it'd do just fine until proven otherwise. The first person to chrono it, please report....
Steve in Boise

Uncle_Lee

Yes, NAA did make a mini in Mach II.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )