Ranger II Issues and Possible Corrections

Started by stanman, January-31-19 22:01

Previous topic - Next topic

stanman

Finally purchased a new Ranger II just before Christmas.  First trip to range shot 100 rounds of lr and 50 rounds of WMR.  Experienced no misfires at all and extraction was hard but doable.  The cylinder binding issue did occur several times but if I just rotated the cylinder back a bit it would release.  Pistol printed about 4 inches high at 7 yd.  My biggest issues are the very high cocking effort and tremendously heavy trigger pull weight.  Both cocking and trigger pull effort is far higher than my standard pistol and my Sidewinder.  The heavy trigger pull weight makes it impossible to gauge accuracy of the gun.  In fact the heavy trigger actually wore a hole in my trigger finger!!! (See picture). Can NAA do anything to correct these issues or am I just wasting my time in contacting them.  Lighter hammer spring and trigger job, front sight replacement?
What should I do or expect?
Thanks!!!

Uncle_Lee

Welcome stanman,
You will never really know until you contact NAA and get their take on the hard trigger pull and hammer pull.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

RICKS PLACE

Uncle Lee is correct.  Most of the issues you describe calls for a call to NAA.  My Ranger II trigger is about the same as my B/W and Pug.  The hard extraction could be a case of the cylinders not really clean, and I mean REALLY clean.  I used a wire .22 brush on the cylinders before the gun was ever fired when I bought it.  It went 50 rounds (one misfire credited to the ammo) and the extraction was smooth and easy.  Couldn't find the photo you mentioned.  But if you ae used to shooting and it messed up you trigger finger, you have a problem to be solved by NAA. All a weakened hammer spring is good for is misfires.  Front sight?, learn to shoot down the barrel.  It's not a target gun.  Call NAA and if you can't get satisfaction, stick with your Sidewinder.  As hard as the RangerII is to find at dealers you might sell it at no loss.

Warthog

Stanman, I will third this, call NAA and see what they suggest to help.  IDK, the trigger pull on my two EBs never seemed like it was bad, nor the cocking.

I am sure the folks at NAA can give you a hand though, give them a call!  1-800-821-5783

Not sure if you have been yet but WELCOME!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein