Pug Grip Removal

Started by Jtartam, January-10-19 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Jtartam

How do you remove the rubber grips without damage?

BillsNAA

Use something soft like a tooth pick and carefully slide it between the grip and the gun. Drip some gun oil down the opening. Do this on all four sides . The work the grip slightly up and down then carefully slide off the grip.  Be sure to follow the conture of the frame when pulling. No guarantee,  but it works for me.

grayelky

S-L-O-W-L-Y. And carefully. Some have suggested WD40. I have not tried, but suspect an air compressor with a long thin nozzle would help. The one pair I removed ripped ever so slightly. I'm sure others with successful experiences will chime in.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

bearcatter

I think I read somewhere on this forum that WD-40, with the tiny pipe slipped under any gap you can find, will make it easier.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

foneman

I just wiggled it up and down then used muscle with slow short pulls. I didnt use any lubricant. It came off perfectly in about 5 minutes.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: foneman on February-05-19 18:02
I just wiggled it up and down then used muscle with slow short pulls. I didnt use any lubricant. It came off perfectly in about 5 minutes.

I did the same thing.
I didn't know it was supposed to be hard so I just pulled it off.   ;D ;D 8)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )