Blued Black Widow?

Started by dsnitker, February-09-19 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

dsnitker

Anyone know if there is a blued version of the Black Widow?  I'm interested in getting one to match my 1911 at some point and was curious if there was one or if I'd be looking at cerakoting or somesuch. 

Thanks in Advance

For Reference :)

Rick_Jorgenson

Hi dsnitker!

Welcome to the madhouse Forum!

I had my Black Widow Coated by Robar in Phoenix AZ

https://robarguns.com

They have been doing this for over 30 years.  I believe it is the largest gun-smithing shop in the US (they have 7 Gun Smiths on staff)

My Black Widow in Ro-Guard Matte Black and NP3+ is the silver parts.

The coatings are very durable. I carry it everyday and use it to "final fit" 4 or 5 holsters everyday.
Rick Jorgenson

dsnitker

awesome - that looks great - I think a Black Widow in that black coating and walnut grips would look great with the 1911!  I'm hoping to pick up a Black Widow in a couple months so that gives me time to plan :)

Warthog

Once you get your BW, which is my personal favorite MINI, have Rick make you a very nice holster.  He does good work and leather is proper got a gun holster IMO.

Oh, my BWs are all the regular finish, not the black one.  The black one is nice but I think I will pass on it.  And I also have a couple of 1911s, blues. 8)
but my 1911s have cocobolo grips which is one of my personal favorite woods.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Mr.Mini

Sounds like you're keeping busy Rick! You deserve it. Your products are incredible!

Uncle_Lee

There is nothing better than to get up, get a cup of coffee, set down at the computer, and up pops some of Rick's holsters.
They just start the day off on a positive feeling.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

grayelky

There is currently no Black Widow offering in blues steel. Since they do not actively market the blued Guns, my personal guess is there will not be a blued Black Widow. In a few more weeks, I will see if I can find some more accurate information.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

dsnitker

Thanks Grayelky,

I might just go the coated route and have it cerakoted in matte black when I get it.  Hopefully in May sometime - then my Bug Out won't feel so lonely :)

holiday009

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on February-09-19 21:02
Hi dsnitker!

Welcome to the madhouse Forum!

I had my Black Widow Coated by Robar in Phoenix AZ

https://robarguns.com

They have been doing this for over 30 years.  I believe it is the largest gun-smithing shop in the US (they have 7 Gun Smiths on staff)

My Black Widow in Ro-Guard Matte Black and NP3+ is the silver parts.

The coatings are very durable. I carry it everyday and use it to "final fit" 4 or 5 holsters everyday.

That is a remarkable looking setup!
NAA Riverboat Gambler Owner.

grayelky

For a carry gun, I think in the long run you will be more content with a coated SS gun. The blued finish on carbon steel is a lot less durable. I still love it, and have 2 blued minis that are safe queens.

dsnitker

I think you are probably right, plus it's relatively easy to "touch up" if it is worn.  I may look at some type of cerakote at my local gun shop/range/smith.  I'm considering doing the same thing for my .357 magnum revolver and 1911 - so it might just be the best option.  Thanks for the feedback!

grayelky

Let us know what you decide, and how it holds up after some time with it. If you can get them both done at the same time, you might could get a little discount.