Kimber Micro 380

Started by ds10speed, March-08-19 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

ds10speed

I always wanted a .380 for some reason, (do I need a reason?). Anyway I looked at NAA, Sigs, Kimber, Springfield and some others, sorry NAA, I wanted an adjustable rear sight.  I really liked the Springfield 911 but I guess I'm old school because I like nice wood grips and the new G10 stuff just doesn't appeal to me, also no plastic guns.

Anyway the Kimber was on sale and I bought it. I like the looks and right out of the box I shot a 2" group in the bullseye at 21', with a steady hand. So far I'm really impressed.

Anyone have a history or experience with these? Durability etc...

bearcatter

I dunno, I could maybe go for the Bel-Air version...definitely a "pimped" gun..... :D

Your two-tone has a "means business" look.

The Micros on Kimber's site all spec fixed sights; you say yours are adjustable?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Bj

Looks like rear sight is drift adjustable.

Warthog

Kimber, only reason I wouldn't buy another one is the idea of paying because it is a Kimber.

Had a 1911 at one time, bought it used , well it was a trade in as I was a dealer then.  It was a good pistol but it didn't feel like it should have IMO for the price.  I wound up selling it again, and was able to make decent money on it too.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

jennflip

I have the SA 911--600 rounds,no problems---love the 911----

ds10speed

Quote from: Warthog on March-08-19 16:03
Kimber, only reason I wouldn't buy another one is the idea of paying because it is a Kimber.

Had a 1911 at one time, bought it used , well it was a trade in as I was a dealer then.  It was a good pistol but it didn't feel like it should have IMO for the price.  I wound up selling it again, and was able to make decent money on it too.

Price was one reason I bought the Kimber -- $489.99 + tax on sale now at Gander Outdoors, the Sig and SA 911 were more $$.

ds10speed

Quote from: bearcatter on March-08-19 14:03
I dunno, I could maybe go for the Bel-Air version...definitely a "pimped" gun..... :D

Your two-tone has a "means business" look.

The Micros on Kimber's site all spec fixed sights; you say yours are adjustable?

Sights are drift adjustable, mine is right on so I didn't need to move it.

bearcatter , Gander Outdoors has the Micro 9 Bel Air on sale! $699.99 (over $120 off) there you go!!!!

9MM though, prices good until 3/17/2019.

Uncle Pepper

I really enjoy mine.
Live long and shoot straight.

Uncle Pepper

I also enjoy elk and India stag.
Live long and shoot straight.

linux_author

nice Sting! i have a couple of the folding versions, one of the last kinves made at Camillus and designed by Darryl Ralph...

but on topic, here's my .380 1911-clone, a P238 (accurate, feels good in hand, no plastic, easy take down, little recoil):

ds10speed

Quote from: Uncle Pepper on March-08-19 20:03
I also enjoy elk and India stag.

Nice family photo!

bearcatter

Quote from: ds10speed on March-08-19 19:03

bearcatter , Gander Outdoors has the Micro 9 Bel Air on sale! $699.99 (over $120 off) there you go!!!!

I don't think they are intended to be drift adjustable, and the fact they're right on maybe shows that.

I like the same baby blue and ivory colors on a Harley I saw once, but I don't think I could do them on a gun.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

autofull

beautifull, i do not know their track record yet. i have a solo that is impeccable though. i would expect the same or better on yours. love the stag on the sting knife.

ds10speed

Quote from: bearcatter on March-09-19 08:03
Quote from: ds10speed on March-08-19 19:03

I don't think they are intended to be drift adjustable, and the fact they're right on maybe shows that.

You are right, they are not easily moved but at least there is the option unlike the RM380 I had that shot high and to the right, I couldn't do anything about it. Maybe "Adjustable" in not the right word "Correctable sights" maybe. Kimber also says that you can order taller or shorter front sights if needed. That is what I meant.

Warthog

I stick with my cheaper 380s and other stuff I own.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Ruger

Love my Sig P238.  I carry it from time to time, when my Sidewinder needs a rest, or I just feel a little cranky that day.  I carry my P238 in my leather "Squeaky" holster. I like it when it "talks" to me when sitting down.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

RICKS PLACE

Don't think you can go wrong with either Sig, Kimber, or Springfield in the mini 1911 look-a-likes.  My son just had to have one, we checked a lot of reviews, prices, and so on.  He chose the Springfield and I gave him one last Christmas.  So far, it has been just what he wanted.  Seems to be a fine weapon, but, I'm still of the old school, grew up with the J-frame Smiths, in the very few instances I don't carry my B/W and Pug, it's a lite weight J in a pocket holster.