New Version Of the Ruger Bearcat

Started by pietro, March-15-19 15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

cfsharry

Beautiful gun. Wood and real blueing.... that's how they were intended to look.

billt460

I've seen a few Ruger Bearcats with adjustable sights. That would for sure make them more desirable.

Warthog

Huh?  My convertible Bearcat is now worth a lot?  It isn't unfired and while I do have the box and all the stuff that it came with, it works great so I guess I never knew they were recalled...
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

bearcatter

Quote from: billt460 on March-25-19 02:03
I've seen a few Ruger Bearcats with adjustable sights. That would for sure make them more desirable.

The adjustable sight ones have been available through Lipsey's for over a year.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

gebe

Quote from: bearcatter on March-25-19 10:03
Quote from: billt460 on March-25-19 02:03

The adjustable sight ones have been available through Lipsey's for over a year.

Yup, you're correct bearcatter. At first they were commanding fairly high prices from the secondary market but it cooled off. I got a brand new one from a dealer over on rugerforums.com about 8 months ago for $425.00 shipped and I added some stainless parts for contrast. Great little gun especially with the adj. sights. I still say the 6" bbl. deserves adj. sights.

Here's a lousy picture. I've since added stag grips.

pietro

Quote from: Warthog on March-25-19 02:03

Huh ? 

My convertible Bearcat is now worth a lot ? 

This one sold in 2014 for $1100 :   https://www.gunauction.com/buy/13035902

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Well Pietro, I would sell mine for that. ;D

Mine has been shot quite a bit, it was a favorite little plinker.  The 22 mag cylinder hasn't been shot a lot though, just the LR.  Back when I had a BOB, it was the gun I put in it.  It was small, lightweight and I could carry a fair amount of ammo, both types though I put mostly 22LR with one box of 50 mags.  I even took a bunny with it back when I had property to hunt.  Was out walking about, had it with me, and saw the little bunny and thought it would be good for dinner.  It was good too.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein