HELP?- Ranger 2 Cylinder latch won't re-engage

Started by FrawdDawg, March-28-19 19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

FrawdDawg

Bought new few months ago on GB at pretty decent deal.  First time shot it was today.  Only shot 2 full cylinders 22mag (10 rds total). 

After finished 2nd cylinder of 5 rounds, opened the barrel latch to eject the casings and the cylinder came out / off the post.  Fiddled with it but couldn't get the cylinder to stay intact without freely sliding off the hollow post.  Got home, looked at manual and online pdf- basically says to reinstall cylinder- place it back on the post until cylinder flush with frame and push down on the cylinder latch (tiny little lever with 2 small latches/hooks) to re-engage it to the top side of cylinder (so it will stay in place).  I've tried 50 times and the dang thing will NOT engage low / downward enough to keep/hold the cylinder in place. 

Anyone else experienced this?  I googled various ways to see if anyone in the world had a solution but no dice anywhere i can find.  Very aggravating to say least for such an expensive mini.  If no solid help here, i'll call cust svc tomorrow. Going to try and attach snip of owner manual showing what I'm discussing. 

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Dawg,
I am very sure that NAA will fix it for you and that is what you need to do.
Give them a call and they will fix it right up.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

FrawdDawg

Will do uncle_lee.  Going to call them very soon this morning. Guess good thing is i'ts not a very common issue since there's nothing about same I can find on these NAA threads or Google- just my luck of the draw I suppose lol.  Thanks!

Warthog

Quote from: uncle_lee on March-29-19 04:03
Welcome Dawg,
I am very sure that NAA will fix it for you and that is what you need to do.
Give them a call and they will fix it right up.

Uncle Lee has this right, give them a call qnd they will get you all fixed up and ready to go.
Here's the number for you too.
1-800-821-5783
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

FrawdDawg

Thanks for the # Warthog.  Calling them now.  BTW- above I mentioned not seeing this problem mentioned in other posts/threads- but I was amiss with that statement. Instead of just "perusing" comments, I used the Search feature for "Ranger cylinder" and saw quite a number of posts about the cylinder in general, and at least one thread about the exact same issue I've experienced with the cylinder latch not keeping cylinder in place.  The OP on that one got with customer service, returned it for fine tuning, got it back and everything was perfect....so- my hopes are up and fingers crossed!  :D

Warthog

FrawdDawg, I am glad you are getting it fixed.  So far at least, I haven't had any trouble with mine.  I know others have though, mostly with the sights I think though.

When you get off probation, and I know it is a hassle to be on probation, maybe you can post some pictures of yours, below are my two Early Bird Ranger IIs.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein