Shot my Ranger 2 with 22 LR cylinder today, Question....

Started by scstrain, March-29-19 20:03

Previous topic - Next topic

scstrain

Purchased a very new production Ranger 2 about 3 weeks ago. Sent back for a minor warranty issue and while it was there I paid to have a 22 LR. cylinder fitted. Pistol came back yesterday with 22 Lr. cylinder still in pistol.  A note was sent with pistol to only shoot Federal or Remington 22 Lr. ammo. Took it to range today. Left 22 Mag. cylinder at home. Pistol functioned perfect.

Noticed that with 22 Lr., shooting at just 3 yards she shot about 5 to 6 inches high. Do all the little N.A. pistols shot a little erratic when shooting 22 Lr. ammo through the "Longer then usual 22 LR. cylinders" ?

I am amazed at how good the fit and finish is on this pistol. I had no problem cocking without hitting the opening latch. I like the way the Ranger 2 looks better then the original Ranger's.

The warranty issue was that the pistol opened hard. When I called they told be that it was a bur' that was missed and they took care of it immediately. (It was really no big deal and would have probably smoothed out on it's own). NA, Arms is awesome.

Bcfd1025

Quote from: scstrain on March-29-19 20:03
Purchased a very new production Ranger 2 about 3 weeks ago. Sent back for a minor warranty issue and while it was there I paid to have a 22 LR. cylinder fitted. Pistol came back yesterday with 22 Lr. cylinder still in pistol.  A note was sent with pistol to only shoot Federal or Remington 22 Lr. ammo. Took it to range today. Left 22 Mag. cylinder at home. Pistol functioned perfect.

Noticed that with 22 Lr., shooting at just 3 yards she shot about 5 to 6 inches high. Do all the little N.A. pistols shot a little erratic when shooting 22 Lr. ammo through the "Longer then usual 22 LR. cylinders" ?

I am amazed at how good the fit and finish is on this pistol. I had no problem cocking without hitting the opening latch. I like the way the Ranger 2 looks better then the original Ranger's.

The warranty issue was that the pistol opened hard. When I called they told be that it was a bur' that was missed and they took care of it immediately. (It was really no big deal and would have probably smoothed out on it's own). NA, Arms is awesome.

Every get any further insight on this? Looking at buying a ranger 2 and getting a LR cylinder timed at the factory.

linux_author

you're doing well at 3-6" high at 3 yards... you have to learn point of aim with these short barrel pistols - it doesn't take much to throw off the aim!

but only shoot Remington or Federal .22LR???? i wonder what's the reasoning behind that?

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

top dog

SCSTRAIN,
I was surprised to hear that they only recommended those two brands of ammo. I know that they definitely don't want you to use PMC ammo but I thought that everything else was OK.

All brands of ammo work well with all my minis ( I never tried PMC for obvious reasons).

Did NAA give any reasons to use those two brands???

Top Dog

jennflip

After sanding and polishing my LR cylinder 3 or4 times to get my Ranger11 to eject lr and finally trying Federal it ejects like a champ,Remington still didn't work so great,so Federal it is....