What is the cylinder width of a Black Widow

Started by Houdini, April-14-19 15:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Houdini

I know the web page states the width of the Black Widow is 1 inch, but I think this is the thickest part of the grip, which appears thicker than the cylinder.  My NAA 22LR cylinder measures .75 as best I can measure it.  What is the width of the magnum cylinder of the Black Widow?

Dinadan

Canoeal

Same diameter...It is the grips that are wider.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Houdini

Thanks for the pictures.

Cylinder width appears to be where other revolvers just cannot compete with the NAA mini's.  My NAA 22LR cylinder measures .75 of an inch wide and it appears the Black Widow cylinder is 27/32 or .84 of an inch wide.  That is slimmer than most 380 auto loaders, which I know fire a larger cartridge.  My Ruger LCR is 1.28 inches wide.  The Charter Arms 32 revolver is 1.31, and the Taurus 380 Mini Revolver is 1.35 inches wide at the cylinder.

For IWB carry, the cylinder is at the belt line and cylinder width is what matters most to me for comfort and concealment. 

bill_deshivs

glenn

I'm just glad that none of you guys are measuring stuff for me !

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

Canoeal

Me either. The mag cylinder is the same width as the 22 lr...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Dinadan

Quote from: Canoeal on April-19-19 20:04
The LR conversion cylinder  for a Magnum Mini is the same size as a magnum cylinder, since it has to fit a magnum frame. However, the cylinder for a LR Mini is smaller. I think that is what Tommy was talking about.

Here is a photo: LR cylinder on left, Magnum cylinder on right.

glenn

Well then .....  I sincerely apologize for questioning everyone's measuring skills. I don't have a LR .... but I guess I should have measured my "Shorty".  I'm gonna assume that it's cylinder would be the same as a LR .... but then you know what happens when we "assume" .....

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

Canoeal

[/quote]
The LR conversion cylinder  for a Magnum Mini is the same size as a magnum cylinder, since it has to fit a magnum frame. However, the cylinder for a LR Mini is smaller. I think that is what Tommy was talking about.

Here is a photo: LR cylinder on left, Magnum cylinder on right.
[/quote]

OK I was comparing the 2 mag frame cylinders. I have yet to see and hold a 22 lr.

Dinadan

Quote from: glenn on April-20-19 14:04
Well then .....  I sincerely apologize for questioning everyone's measuring skills. I don't have a LR .... but I guess I should have measured my "Shorty".  I'm gonna assume that it's cylinder would be the same as a LR .... but then you know what happens when we "assume" .....

I do not think that an apology is needed: we are just shooting the bull here. I am, anyway. Yes, the Short cylinder is the same diameter as the LR cylinder.

RICKS PLACE

Thanks for clearing that up before I stuck my foot in my mouth.  I knew both the Mag and LR cylinders for my B/W were the same and could not understand how they could be different for the same frame.

Honky Tonk Man

I had a .22LR mini for many years before I got a magnum combo.  No reason to remove the cylinder unless cleaning it, then it gets reinstalled.  I never compared it to the magnum sized cylinders, and had no idea the mini LR cyls. were smaller diameter.  I learned something today. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver