Colibri

Started by barrytheprof, April-19-19 01:04

Previous topic - Next topic

barrytheprof

I'm curious about the 22lr colibris. I'd like to try some out, but there are 3 kinds, colibri, super colibri, and colibri cb. Has anyone played with these in NAA's? How do I choose the best variety?

Dinadan

Quote from: barrytheprof on April-19-19 01:04
I'm curious about the 22lr colibris. I'd like to try some out, but there are 3 kinds, colibri, super colibri, and colibri cb. Has anyone played with these in NAA's? How do I choose the best variety?
What's best depends on what you want. Super Colibri is higher velocity than Colibri - if you want more velocity then pick Super Colibri. I have shot a good bit of Super Colibri because I like quiet rounds in some places. Super Colibri is not really all that quiet out of a Mini, but it is much less noisy than standard LR. It is fun for plinking.

Biff

Colibris are too loud to shoot out of my Sidewinder shorty while standing in my garage and shooting out through the open door to the backyard.   I'm afraid the neighbors will complain.   

Out of my Anschutz bolt, though, they are louder hitting the target than they are when they go bang.

Shooting cap and ball (no powder) from the BP Earl is doable.  😁

RogueTS1

I have some experience with the supers. They shoot just fine. They are a tad more quiet than standard ammo but not that much. They still make some noise out of the Minis. They are accurate too.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

barrytheprof

Thanks for that. I bought a box of the regular Colibris to try, but I haven't had a chance to fire them. I may catch up with repairs and such in a few more days if I'm lucky. Then it will be time to play. :)