Old style mini master grip

Started by dlbind, May-06-19 18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dlbind

Anybody have experience with the old style mini-master rubber grip (NAA-MM-G)? 

How does it compare to the new Black Widow style rubber grip?  Would it fit on a 1 5/8 inch magnum frame?

grayelky

Yes, it will fit. It is just a little squared off, not rounded like the newer ones. Try it. If you don't like it, I will trade a brand new mini master (newer, rounded style) for it.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

smokeless joe

I personally prefer the older style myself.

dlbind

Thanks.  I have one on the way.  I'll keep you posted.

Boisesteve

The size and shape of the gun grips one likes is a very very personal choice. Over the years I've had all three types of NAA-marketed oversize grips: the Black Widow, the old Minimaster, and the oversize wood. All would work for me, but I listed them in order of preference for me, with my hands and feel, and the Black Widow grips are what's on my 4" 22mag Earl and both my 1 5/8" 22mag minis.
With what NAA offers and the aftermarket too, the perfect grip feel for you is out there to be found. 
Steve in Boise

dlbind

I put a new style mini master grip on my 3" Earl.  I like how it feels.   I haven't shot much with it yet.

As I was warned these little revolvers can reproduce.  The NAA stork delivered a 1 5/8" mag frame revolver a few weeks ago.  I didn't even try to shoot with the original grips.  I put the boot grips from the Earl on it.  The feel is better and I shoot it with some resemblance to accuracy.

I've looked at the CVang and Thingmeister grips.  Based on forum member comments I can only assume I will eventually try these.   

smokeless joe

Here's a pic of the old style grips on my Pug. It makes her look like a sawed off Black Widow.

dlbind

Smokeless Joe- I like the looks of your Pug.

Canoeal

I like the Black Widow grips (both) and the wooden ones. The wooden ones IMO could have a little bit of the palm swell taken out in the interest of making them a little thinner...If I bought a set I would do that, restain and refinish, probably less than an hours work altogether...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

Quote from: dlbind on May-07-19 13:05
Smokeless Joe- I like the looks of your Pug.
Thank you sir. It's not the way she's dressed right now tho. I was just trying it on for size.

Quote from: Canoeal on May-07-19 17:05
I like the Black Widow grips (both) and the wooden ones. The wooden ones IMO could have a little bit of the palm swell taken out in the interest of making them a little thinner...If I bought a set I would do that, restain and refinish, probably less than an hours work altogether...
I'd like to see that Al. Although the grips you have made yourself don't need replacing. If it ain't broke don't fix it type thing.

Canoeal

Yeah I know that... That is why I wrote "If"...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke