Magazine flat floor plates

Started by bearcatter, June-21-19 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcatter

I recently got info from Margo in NAA sales about Guardian magazine floor plates. They can no longer get the flat ones individually from the maker. I'll assume Mec-Gar, since that's who makes the Guardian mags. There are a limited number of them still available. The part 'number' is MZ-FP, same for both 32 and 380 Guardians. Two for $10 plus shipping. You have to order them by phone, they aren't on the website anymore.

Anybody who has mags with extended floor plates they want to change to flat ones, it's now or maybe never. I'd like to see availability come back. Guardians ship with two mags, one of each floor plate style. I ordered an extra pair along with my Guardian. I soon found the extended plates didn't work for me and replaced them. Future buyers won't have that option?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

grayelky

Thanks for the info. Although most seem to favor the "pinky hook", I don't care for them. I will be making an order Tuesday.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

RogueTS1

I change all my flat ones out. I believe I still have the flat plates sitting in a plastic bag in one of the vaults. There will be some flats available still after the fall.  ;D  ;)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.