California mini master

Started by Rigemortis, February-18-18 20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigemortis

The local shop in California has a mini master for sale. As it is not on the roster. I asked how it is for sale. I was told that it falls into single shot exemption. I guess barrel and overall length are what makes it so.

I was wondering if someone could explain this. Also would that mean I could get a 4" Earl or a hogleg?

I would also be interested in people's feed back about it...sight quality...do they stay in place well....also replacement options for high visibility or night sights.

Thank you

Mr.Mini

As for the mini master sights, they are excellent quality! Especially the fixed sights, which are on mine. You are however limited to the sights that come on the gun.

OLD and GRUMPY

Think they got that wrong.  If it is used and is already legally owned in ca they can be sold.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Bigbird48

Better hurry and buy before the beach takes all your guns. ;D

Rigemortis

It's pretty awful here. I watch videos of all the shot shows and just Jones for things I can't get. All the pistols at the store stay the same and the list gets smaller.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Rigemortis on February-18-18 20:02
The local shop in California has a mini master for sale. As it is not on the roster. I asked how it is for sale. I was told that it falls into single shot exemption. I guess barrel and overall length are what makes it so.

I was wondering if someone could explain this. Also would that mean I could get a 4" Earl or a hogleg?

I would also be interested in people's feed back about it...sight quality...do they stay in place well....also replacement options for high visibility or night sights.

Thank you

Awesome Gun!! I have one and carry quite often "Strong Side" Carry.  It never gets in the way sitting, working (the very little I do), Driving, etc.  A solid decision for a gun.

It just won't go in your pocket.   :o  The Black Widow will work for that.

I don't make much of a fuss over sights but,  for this longer barrel gun I can see more of a use  for them than the shorter NAA's.

The adjustable sights NAA has for it work well and are easy to see in normal light.  No movement, sit very solid.

For night, Canoeal has bought some paint that glows in the dark and hopefully has written a review by now.  Search for Canoeal and/or "glow in the dark paint".

It should do well on the stock sights or the optional adjustable sights available.
Rick Jorgenson

Bigbird48

Was that little driving or little WORK hahahahahh ;D ::) ???
Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on February-19-18 18:02
Quote from: Rigemortis on February-18-18 20:02

Thank you

Awesome Gun!! I have one and carry quite often "Strong Side" Carry.  It never gets in the way sitting, working (the very little I do), Driving, etc.  A solid decision for a gun.

It just won't go in your pocket.   :o  The Black Widow will work for that.

I don't make much of a fuss over sights but,  for this longer barrel gun I can see more of a use  for them than the shorter NAA's.

The adjustable sights NAA has for it work well and are easy to see in normal light.  No movement, sit very solid.

For night, Canoeal has bought some paint that glows in the dark and hopefully has written a review by now.  Search for Canoeal and/or "glow in the dark paint".

It should do well on the stock sights or the optional adjustable sights available.

grayelky

My suggestion is buy it before some one else does!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Bigbird48 on February-19-18 20:02
Was that little driving or little WORK hahahahahh ;D ::

working (the very little I do)

The Working part, I don't work much. lol!!
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

If you see something like that, buy it before someone else does. Ask questions after it is yours.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

theysayimnotme

It's perfectly legal. It falls under the single action exemption due to it's overall length. Yes you can buy any of the NAA revolvers that meet the length requirement. (The Black Widow does not.) It probably requires close to a four inch barrel for the NAA revolvers. A single action revolver with a larger frame or grip could use a shorter barrel.

Rigemortis

So I made the cost up selling on eBay.

I emailed naa. They said I could buy a mini master...4" Earl....6" hogleg...or a 4" sidewinder. I guess I have to decide.

I like the side winder...that is how it opens and it's look. Though I am attracted to the mini master for it's sights. And I want a 4" plus to Target shoot with. So the sights are a strong Influence. I do like the look of the side winder. It seems more of a chore if I want to carry or change out that style of cylinder though. And the sights are less significant.

I emailed naa about sights for the mini master. They said just low profile was available. Not much smaller. If a want to know they get them through marbles. I emailed marbles to find out if they have options like day glow. Or the dimensions so I could shop around.

So any thoughts about sidewinder vs mini master?

I have a feeling eventually I will need one of each. It seems most people on this forum end up that way.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Rigemortis on February-21-18 19:02
So I made the cost up selling on eBay.

I emailed naa. They said I could buy a mini master...4" Earl....6" hogleg...or a 4" sidewinder. I guess I have to decide.

I like the side winder...that is how it opens and it's look. Though I am attracted to the mini master for it's sights. And I want a 4" plus to Target shoot with. So the sights are a strong Influence. I do like the look of the side winder. It seems more of a chore if I want to carry or change out that style of cylinder though. And the sights are less significant.

I emailed naa about sights for the mini master. They said just low profile was available. Not much smaller. If a want to know they get them through marbles. I emailed marbles to find out if they have options like day glow. Or the dimensions so I could shop around.

So any thoughts about sidewinder vs mini master?

I have a feeling eventually I will need one of each. It seems most people on this forum end up that way.

I have both,  for target shooting my vote is for the Mini Master.  The Sidewinder has the "cool item" factor because of the swing out cylinder.  Mini Master is made for shooting, sidewinder is a novelty (just my opinion, remember I own and love them all! lol!)

All NAA guns are tight and seem difficult at first and most complaints seen by new owners here on the Forum are  "I can't find the safety slot, it's hard to take out & put the cylinder back in without shooting your own hand, where are my pants?"

These questions go away after using and practicing with the gun (like you should do with a new gun anyways.)

Because of the tight tolerances these pistols have some sharp edges especially on the back of the cylinder.  I fire up the buffer and "knock off" a little of the sharpness of the cylinder (carefully.)  I use a mild buffing wheel and white rouge.

I hope this helps a fellow Californian  ( Born & Raised in SoCal, I've been gone 9 years.  Love to visit and love the summers in Ventura CA as opposed to Phoenix AZ)

FWIW,  Just buy both!  Your going to anyway! lol!!

R.J.
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

Riger...
Buy both.
You will end up doing it anyway.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

gebe

Yeah, it's not listed on the Calif. roster because any revolver that is a single action with at least a 4" bbl. is legal in our restrictive state.

I too love my adjustable sighted MM. Great piece!

Rigemortis

So I'm looking for feed back on fixed sights or adjustable on the mini master. Do adjustable come loose. Are fixed too far off. I favor the smaller in size look of the fixed ( if it's what I'm thinking)

theysayimnotme

Barrel length requirement is 3" not 4". Problem with NAA pistols is overall length must be 7".
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/infobuls/0007.pdf
scroll down to SB15 exempt handguns.

It's odd, sometimes that works & sometimes it just comes up blank.

JWL79

Quote from: Rigemortis on August-06-19 22:08
So I'm looking for feed back on fixed sights or adjustable on the mini master. Do adjustable come loose. Are fixed too far off. I favor the smaller in size look of the fixed ( if it's what I'm thinking)

I have the fixed sights, I heard that the adjustable can move while in your pocket and prefer the reliability of the fixed. I have shoot out to 25 yards and they seem accuracy enough at that range for me.