Reversing front sight

Started by Jimbobcc, August-28-19 19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbobcc

So I have noticed in pictures of the black widows front sight that some slant in different directions. Some like this, >, like mine, and others like this <. I would prefer mine to slant like <, so that it would be less prone to snagging.

Has anyone done this? Can naa perform this? Is this just a thing of the past? Where they originally sold in a different slant or if I see this, does it mean someone was able to rotate the front sight themselves?

Thanks for any input.

Canoeal

Best  I can tell you is I made mine less snag prone. I rounded the back of the sight and repainted a larger square; white then luminescent, while waiting for the now not happening trit sights...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

grayelky

You could always remove it, flip it 180 degrees and put it back in the dovetail. If it hangs over the end of the barrel, file it down smooth and touch up the paint.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Jimbobcc

Does anyone know how to remove the front sight? Anybody done it?

Canoeal

Quote from: Jimbobcc on September-03-19 17:09
Does anyone know how to remove the front sight? Anybody done it?

Loosen the set screw and tap it out, with either a brass punch or a small hardwood dowel...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke