Ranger II info

Started by red14, September-06-19 05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

red14

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and my hands are weak and don't have the dexterity to load these little guns.  I got a Sidewinder because I figured it would be easier to open and reload.  My son has no problem, but I can't turn it.  It's very frustrating that I can't defend myself.

How easy is it to open the Ranger II?  It looks easy but so did the Sidewinder.  I have been a member of this forum since 2008 and need some help.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks Y'all.
''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

Jobrando

I think its all in the thumb. If the thumb is your weakest then you going to have problem.

RogueTS1

The Ranger is much easier to open than the Sidewinder. In my experience the Sidewinder can be somewhat difficult to open, especially when it is new, even for those without RA. The Ranger on the other hand is very easy to open, even when new, and I would think would become a tad more so after a little "break in" time.

I think you should give one a try. I believe it would solve your dilemma.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

red14

I see, very interesting.  Thanks Y'all, for the quick responses and good information.  Is it as difficult, the same, or easier than opening a can of Coke???

RogueTS1

Much easier in my opinion.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Rick_Jorgenson

I believe the Ranger would be easier for you to work with then the Sidewinder.

There is a bit of a learning curve to the Sidewinder that is hard to explain but we all do it. lol!

I would suggest trying a Ranger out before committing the funds to it just to be sure. Maybe at a local gun shop or, with a fellow NAA  Forum member near you might have one?

JMHO

Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

My 2 cents worth:
The Ranger II would be many, many times easier to load/reload than the Sidewinder.
World of difference.
I have played with both.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bbgun

Ranger II is easier to do everything with except cock.  It is hard on the thumb.

red14

Quote from: bbgun on September-06-19 22:09
Ranger II is easier to do everything with except cock.  It is hard on the thumb.

Is this true for others here?

MtGoat

Does one of your local gunshops have a Ranger II in stock?

If not what part of the world do you live?
If a forum member is close they might we willing to share the Ranger II experience with you to help determine if that is the direction to go.

Pat

grayelky

All of the magnum frame guns will have about the same level of difficulty to cock. They use the same hammer, trigger and firing pin. A good gunsmith could maybe smooth the working parts a little. If you are in metro Atlanta, I have a couple you can try and see if you can open and/or cock them.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"