Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me!

Started by linux_author, September-13-19 08:09

Previous topic - Next topic

linux_author

Found a hardly used Ruger SP101 4" .357 at a local shop today - and since i got the wheelie, i also scored 1,000 rounds of 125gr JHP .38SPL for $200 bucks!

So a Friday the 13th can be a lucky day! btw, it's also Alfred Hitchcock's birthday - but not Hickcok45's :-)

I really like the SP101 form-factor, and this new wheelgun will get a good workout - nice adjustable sights, too...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

bearcatter

I've got the 2.25 inch in .357, fixed sight; and a 4 inch in .22. I really like 'em both. Wolff spring kits are a must-have for them, though. Factory stiff trigger and hard cocking.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

top dog

Willie,
The Model 101,like all Rugers are built like bank vaults but it seems to me that the Model 101s are even built stronger.

I have one in with a 3 inch bbl and have had zero problems with it over the years.

Always been thinking of getting Wolff Spring Kit for it but never really gotten around to it.

Let us know how it does on the range.

Top Dog

linux_author

tks guys... i'm on the lookout for a 3" .357, but now i think i have the best compromise pair: the Novak snubby SP101 w/adj rear and brass bead up front and the 4" w/adj rear and green optic up front...

the new 4" will be getting a workout Real Soon Now... (mebbe tomorrow)

and i just put a Wolff 12lb hammer spring in, and i believe my other two SP101s have the same... i didn't mess w/the trigger springs on my other SP101s with the exception of my .22LR version - so far all work just fine 100%

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

pietro

Friday the 13th was lucky for me too - so lucky that I actually woke up this morning (the 14th)................... :D

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Canoeal

Quote from: pietro on September-14-19 11:09

Friday the 13th was lucky for me too - so lucky that I actually woke up this morning (the 14th)................... :D

Now THAT I can relate to...   :-\
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Dinadan

Willie - I have a 3" .357 SP101 and it is one of my favorites. Very accurate and fun to shoot. I have never changed the springs, but one thing I did have to fix. The serrations, or checkering, on the hammer were like knife points when I bought my SP101. They actually made cocking the gun painful, and I am not a particularly sensitive man (just ask my wife). I took a sharpening stone and honed down the points until the hammer felt comfortable, so as problems go that one was easy to fix!

Quote from: pietro on September-14-19 11:09
Friday the 13th was lucky for me too - so lucky that I actually woke up this morning (the 14th)................... :D .
In my younger days there were a few Saturday mornings where I kind of regretted waking up: and that was before I remembered what I had done the night before ...

theysayimnotme

My 13th birthday fell on a Friday the 13th. A small diner where I ate lunch had a deal that if your receipt had a red star on it your meal was free & I got the red star.

rattlehead

Love the SP101! I had the 2.25" .357 Wiley Clapp model. Built like a tank!

Boisesteve

as Pogo Possum useta say, Friday the 13th come on a Friday this month!