putting Hogue grip sleeve on Glock model 26

Started by heyjoe, October-11-19 16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

heyjoe

Has anyone here successfully put a Hogue Grip sleeve on a Glock 26? They are very tight to put on. I followed their instructions and split the sleeve. They are sending me another one. I was thinking of using windex as a lubricant which would still be able to eventually evaporate under the sleeve   
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

jennflip

Hogue finally made one for the SA XDE 9mm and I thought I would never get the dang thing on,but finally successful, put mine in hot hot water from the microwave and took every ounce of muscle to get it on,very nice once on!!!!

heyjoe

i did put it in hot water but probably not hot enough. i think i put too much muscle into it it just ripped. i dont understand why it has to be that tight.

jennflip

I suppose you did use the windex they recommend and the pieces of plastic they say to use---as I was putting mine on one of the plastic pieces came out but continued on and finally got it on---took a pair of pliers to pull the plastic out---sucker is tight....

thom

Drop it it boiling water, then fish it out with a couple of forks or tongs or something.  Then it should be more pliable to put on.  I pour boiling water on my drip system connections when I have to connect 2 pieces. They go together easier.  Just don't burn yourself.
Arizona Citizens Defense League Life member
NRA Life  Member
GOA member

jstert

i nuke a hogue grip for 15 seconds in the microwave to make installation easier.

heyjoe

Quote from: jstert on December-27-19 08:12
i nuke a hogue grip for 15 seconds in the microwave to make installation easier.

on what setting?

jstert

regular setting but my microwave is a 20 year old, 700 watt, cheap wm countertop model.  perhaps 10 sec is better to start.  nuking also to gently, first time use, soften speedstrips for my revolver reloads, without ammo inserted of course.

jstert

question for those of you who use bicycle inner tubes as grip sleeves:  what size, store and price is best overall?  thanks.