Bur Out II available

Started by grayelky, October-16-19 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

grayelky

I think I remember someone wanting a BO II, but can't seem to find the thread. Anyone who may be looking, tell your LGS Lipsey's has both the Combo and the magnum only in stock as of 10-15-2019.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

grumpyoleman

It wasn't me that said it, but I want one.  Passed up the orange one (even though living in an orange state).  Assuming these are going to be limited. I better get off the dime this time.

thom

What is a BO II?

Thanks
Thom
Arizona Citizens Defense League Life member
NRA Life  Member
GOA member

ikoiko

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: thom on October-17-19 06:10
What is a BO II?

Thanks
Thom

The Bug Out II was available after the original (Orange Grip) limited edition.  BO II comes with the Black Rubber Grip and is available with Magnum & Long Rifle cylinders or with only a Magnum Cylinder.

The original was made available in Long Rifle only. If we wanted the Magnum Cylinder we sent it in to NAA & have one fitted & timed to our BO.

It's a unique gun, a little shorter than the Back Widow but has the shape and feel of it and just a little longer than the standard original "Magnum" gun (1 5/8" Bbl.) which appears lighter in the front because of the round barrel vs. the BO with it's "Square-ish" barrel.

Be cautious about Holsters with any Bug Out... If the Maker or Manufacturer makes the stitch line to close on the bottom of the barrel or does not put in a "groove" for the underside when drawn from the holster the cylinder pin can be "unhooked" partially pulling the cylinder pin.
Rick Jorgenson

grayelky

The BO is essentially a Sheriff with a 1 1/2" barrel and Pug grips. I pretty sure it has a nite sight on the front.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: grayelky on October-17-19 08:10
The BO is essentially a Sheriff with a 1 1/2" barrel and Pug grips. I pretty sure it has a nite sight on the front.

So it's a "Sherug"  lol!!   ;D
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

Bug Out 1

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gus1759

Pick mine up in 4 days, can't wait to show it.

thom

I don't think that I can afford ANOTHER addiction,  I may just have to sit by and watch for a while after buying my NAA 22s.

Thanks for all the info.
Thom
NRA Life  Member
GOA member

Uncle_Lee

OH COME ON THOM,
We had such high hopes for you to join the addiction...
God, Country, & Flag

thom

I bought 4 in 6 weeks.  They should last awhile.
NRA Life  Member
GOA member

grayelky

thom
You would think it would, huh? Before you know it, you will be looking. Did mention the Dude is almost ready to ship? Banger (a distributor) has a "Gator" mini that is theirs exclusively. I have not seen it yet, but, I should have one on hold for me. I'll share the pic when I get it. Why, no, I would not tempt you. Why do you ask......:)

Wumbey Goomba

Don't get me wrong I love my Naa minis but I wouldn't call that a gator gun.
Least not the gators in my neighborhood.

PS, They are some sneaky fatherless creatures.

PaducahMichael

I wouldn't dream of buying anything "Gator".   I'm an old LSU Tiger so gators are anathema to me.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

cameron

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on October-17-19 08:10

Be cautious about Holsters with any Bug Out... If the Maker or Manufacturer makes the stitch line to close on the bottom of the barrel or does not put in a "groove" for the underside when drawn from the holster the cylinder pin can be "unhooked" partially pulling the cylinder pin.

I just purchased my BO 2 today.  What in the pants pocket holster would you recommend?  Thanks.

Uncle_Lee

One just like this one.
Talk to Rick...
By the way, welcome to the nut house.....

God, Country, & Flag

FiftyCalAl

I like the overall style, but those Sheriff style cylinder pins make it a definite NO GO for a carry piece.  The retention pin can VERY easily be depressed when drawing the gun and the rod and cylinder fall out.  Or worse, the cylinder is misaligned when you pull the trigger and the hammer hits primer , round fires, bullet isn't aligned with barrel.  Poor, poor design for a weapon intended for defensive purposes or an emergency "bug out" sitrep.

MDStroup

I have a love-hate relationship with the bugout models. I absolutely love the look of them and the upgraded cylinder pin. But the barrel it just to short for me. The black widow is the smallest i want to go barrel length wise and the sights on the black widow are fantastic. . Maybe one day they will make a longer barrel length or a black widow with the same cylinder pin. I do love these little guns.

grayelky

I have read several comment about how easily the cylinder pin is to release. I use what Rick refers to as pocket sleeve. Very thin leather that has almost no shape of its own. I carry a BO around the house and have not had the pin release on me as yet. If I had a more rigid holster, perhaps it might. In my very flexible pocket sleeves, so far, no issues.

Canoeal

Quote from: MDStroup on November-23-19 13:11
I have a love-hate relationship with the bugout models. I absolutely love the look of them and the upgraded cylinder pin. But the barrel it just to short for me. The black widow is the smallest i want to go barrel length wise and the sights on the black widow are fantastic. . Maybe one day they will make a longer barrel length or a black widow with the same cylinder pin. I do love these little guns.

Agreed. Although I think the BW pin is fine as is. I do like the shape of the 'stepped barrel' on the BOII...My best of the best choice would be the BW with Pug trit sights...I do not understand why they can't do that, unless the dovetails in the BW barrels are not done 'in house'.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke