Welcome to the new message board

Started by admin, October-09-12 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

when signing in you will have to put your password twice.  it will seem to take the first time and take you to a page that is asking for your password again.  Put it in and you should be up and running, ready to post to the new board

appliancejunk

Good to see you update the forum, looks good.
SMF was a good choice for the forum software.

Been using SMF myself for over 5 years now at http://appliancejunk.com

I think you and the members here will be very happy with the changes.

The old forum was lacking many of the basic features you see in all forums now days.

m82a1pa

It's looking very nice!

Thanks for the smooth (pretty nearly) transition.

Mort

driften

Good Job! It all seems to be working now and I think its going to be much better then the old forums.
Thanks for the hard work!

22man

gotta say an Attaboy to Admin Inc. too,,,,,well done overall and nice new format.

lauraslookout

Call me old fashioned but I preferr the old format for the discussion board. Jim

mhg

So what's up with the 10 year old post
Mike

scbuxton

Ya think they're complaining now, wait until they find out about the increase in annual dues to belong to the forum!

chopprs

......isn't like any forum I have seen but......it will take soe getting used to.

Looks like I lost about 5000 posts!

Sandy

I assure you all that I find much of this as unsettling as you.  Please feel welcome to post your concerns, or contact our Webmaster, Steven [email protected], in your attempt to regain comfort with how this Message Board works.  Please help us find/fix any bugs and learn what you can do to make your experience a more personalized/customized one.

millsriver

Thanks for taking the time and expense to update the message board. Change is always a challenge, but after a few days (and a few adjustments) everyone will get used to the new format and will get back to complaining about something else.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

bud

What happened to the post the last few days, and say maybe last week?
The total number of our post went down, like Obama's poll numbers.

cedarview kid

Haha, Admin is marked as a noob. LOL.

Change is always a challenge. I think this forum has many more features, so I like it, but it will take some getting used to. Trust me, guys, I think this is the 4th board change I've gone thru since joining in around 1999 and generally, each change has been for the better.

My post count dropped by about 1/4th, but maybe Admin is going to fix that.

admin

i already did fix your post count.........

cedarview kid

I saw that! You should "fix" yours now so you don't show up as a noob. :)

admin

with this post it should put me at 50, so i'm not showing as a newbie anymore

ronbonzo

Good job. Nice modern board. Lots of options.   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8)

ziggy

NICE JOB, really looks good. thanks for the upgrade.

zippovarga

Reminds me of my time over at EDC forums. Good Job Admin and Webmaster Steven!! (Slight Bow to the Forum Gods) lol

cedarview kid

Nice, Steven, thou strong and powerful Jr. Admin! :) Hey, look: I'm a HERO!  I think anybody over 5000 should be something like BLABBERMOUTH. Hehe.

You're a whiz with that computer. Hey, I'm a computer nerd, too. We both play with 1's and 0's for a living. It's almost as if we're related! :)

The scrolling smilies is pretty cool. What else can we do?

admin

i'm still learning all of the features myself.  But i don't know that i will have time to really figure them all out for a bit.  i'm still customizing it

zippovarga

And then......there was the glory of a scrolling Marquee ;D ;D ;D

cedarview kid

Ah, got my avatar back. By now it's time for a new one, though....

docglock

I think the "new" board is looking good!

tocsn40

Naa i think a new photo would be cool  i will wait till my SW comes then post some of the whole family 8)   ;D
Tocsn40

theysayimnotme

Here we go again. At least this time I got to keep my name.

blitzkrieger

Coolness, new board is now on my phone as well.
But missing half my postcount and avatar

cedarview kid

So, theysayimnotme, are you... you? Or somebody else this time?

scrounger

Easy move.  Thanks for the email.

coopercdrkey

So "high post count" is the new "low serial number" ?!?!

I guess they both have their fans.  Since I have departed and re-joined the Board, and have had a couple of different screen names, I don't worry much about post count which gets re-set under those conditions.

This software is as good as any, I suppose.  For those that have a greater interest in message board flexibility and capability, good going, NAA!   ;)
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

Randy

I've been around for years and still had less than 300 post count. I lost over 200 of them but I don't worry over post count. I'm the 'quiet type' anyway.   :-X

theysayimnotme

Quote from: naa_collector on October-10-12 19:10
So, theysayimnotme, are you... you? Or somebody else this time?

At my age it's hard to tell. I'm so confused. I can't even remember who I was the first time around.