NAA .22 short owners

Started by holiday009, December-02-19 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

theysayimnotme

It comes up for me if I click on it.

smokeless joe

Quote from: theysayimnotme on December-08-19 13:12
It comes up for me if I click on it.
All I got was a request to log into a google account. No pic.

theysayimnotme

Sometimes I get the feeling I am the only person in the world that can't do this.

Dinadan

Quote from: theysayimnotme on December-08-19 16:12
Sometimes I get the feeling I am the only person in the world that can't do this.
You are definitely not the only person who has problems posting photos. On another forum that I frequent some folks have the same problem. When I clicked on the link, I like Smokeless Joe, got a request to log in to Google. That makes me think that you are uploading the photo to Google instead of just uploading it to NAA.

Canoeal

Here is how I do it, and it is simple. from your computer, bring up the picture. Check the size of the file, If it is too large, open it in Paint, click on the resize button and make sure it is resizing in percentage. If so, reduce it to 20%, and save. The in the forum post, under the box, go to attachments, and click. Click on choose file, go find you picture and double click. Then hit post.

Works for me...I can't help with a phone, mine is a flip phone that rarely gets turned on...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

theysayimnotme

Quote from: theysayimnotme on July-17-15 22:07
C:\Users\Ronald\Downloads\IMG_20150717_215835.jpg

Just picked up my new .22 short. Now to see if this picture lasts.

Somehow I posted this three years ago on the test site. see if it still works. NOPE! GRRRRRR

Uncle_Lee

I get:
Google 404 error
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

grumpyoleman

I really like the picture of the pocket watch, 22 short and knife.  It makes this grumpy old man a little less grumpy.  It's hard to look at a mini revolver and not smile...

zorba

I had the grips checkered - REALLY helps with holding onto this thing! I think the .22s is the best proportioned NAA made - .22LR makes the cylinder look too long in proportion with the rest of the gun. This one was made in 1992, but went back to the factory a few years ago, hence the modern/current marking scheme.

RogueTS1

I agree. Proportionally the short wins hands down when it comes to looks.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Uncle_Lee

AHHHH,
Beautiful picture to go with a good cup of coffee.
Thanks Zorba.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

top dog

Zorba,

That is super sweet!!!

Top Dog

smokeless joe

I really like those checkered grips Zorba. Did they come with the shorty or are they after market?

zburkett

I actually carry my mini short sometimes.  Fits in the watchpocket of Jeans or a vest pocket.  With CCI HP almost as much punch as a long rifle.

zorba

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-21-19 15:12
I really like those checkered grips Zorba. Did they come with the shorty or are they after market?
Neither - they're stock grips that I had checkered.

smokeless joe

Quote from: zorba on December-28-19 14:12
Quote from: smokeless joe on December-21-19 15:12
Neither - they're stock grips that I had checkered.

heyjoe

Quote from: zburkett on December-27-19 20:12
I actually carry my mini short sometimes.  Fits in the watchpocket of Jeans or a vest pocket.  With CCI HP almost as much punch as a long rifle.

i have carried it also and on some mean streets
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

holiday009

No blue finish .22 Shorts out there anywhere  :(
NAA Riverboat Gambler Owner.

barrytheprof

Quote from: Cary Gunn on December-03-19 12:12
Gents,

I'll bet, though, the tiny terrors are incredibly difficult to shoot accurately.  Many people might think it's the miniscule sight-radius that would make accuracy hard to obtain, but I think an even bigger problem would be trying to find a way to hold them so as to allow the trigger to "break" with zero movement of the revolver in the hand.
-- Cary Gunn --

I saw a youtube video of a guy who put his weak hand thumb vertically up the back of the grip, and wrapped his strong hand over it to get a good grip. I tried it, and it does seem to make a difference.

Dinadan

Quote from: barrytheprof on January-29-20 09:01
Quote from: Cary Gunn on December-03-19 12:12
Gents,

I'll bet, though, the tiny terrors are incredibly difficult to shoot accurately.  Many people might think it's the miniscule sight-radius that would make accuracy hard to obtain, but I think an even bigger problem would be trying to find a way to hold them so as to allow the trigger to "break" with zero movement of the revolver in the hand.
-- Cary Gunn --

I saw a youtube video of a guy who put his weak hand thumb vertically up the back of the grip, and wrapped his strong hand over it to get a good grip. I tried it, and it does seem to make a difference.
I cannot claim any accuracy with my Short, and I doubt that many folks can. To me, the appeal of the Short is it's tiny size. The grips on my LR Mini are the same size as the Short's grip's, and I replaced them with larger boot grips. That helped me shoot the LR more accurately. I could do the same with my Short, But then the tiny factor would be lost. And I want the tiny factor!