Magnum grip question

Started by RBL, October-20-12 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

RBL

I'm sure it's been asked, and I've found some helpful stuff, but I had a few specific questions. 

Is the mag pug rubber slip on grip larger then the standard magnum grips.  Is the mag pug grip longer, thicker, or wider?  Also, is there much difference between the wasp and mag pug grip?

I have a black widow and love the gun, but I want an even smaller pocket pistol.  I've handled the boot grips on the earl, and it feels a bit awkward to me. 

Thanks all, and this is my first post.

louiethelump

Is the mag pug rubber slip on grip larger then the standard magnum grips.  Is the mag pug grip longer, thicker, or wider?  Also, is there much difference between the wasp and mag pug grip?

Yes
longer, thicker, and wider as it goes OVER the whole grip frame instead of attaching TO it.
Relative:  "much" is hard to define.

The grip on the Wasp is the rubber panels that attach TO the frame with a screw.  They are slightly wider through the grip than the standard wood and for me, are easier to hold onto due to this width and the fact they are rubber.

The Pug grip is an abomination in my opinion.  It has to be lubed up or heated up to get it on or off and often tears when you try to do either.  It is slightly bigger overall as it goes over the frame, and strikes me as a big bandaid wrapped around a sore thumb.  The Wasp grips which are available are a big improvement over the small wood and are easy to put on and remove.

If you want the BEST grips for your Black Widow, invest in a set of Chong grips.  They are expensive and worth every penny.  They give you a superb grip and are thin and conceal just as well but improve the look, feel, and accuracy of the little guns as they actually fit a human hand.

Just opinion

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

zippovarga

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

pioneer

IMO, what works "best" for one, will not necessarily work "best" for all.  There are many grip options available.  For me it is the Black Widow rubber grips, but that's just me, and my particular concealment requirements and the size and shape of my hands.  Your mileage may vary. 
Retired police detective
US Navy Veteran
Life Member NRA / SAF
United States Constitution c. 1791, all rights reserved.

bleak_window

I may have to try the CV grips also.  We shot the Pug today with a variety of Magnum ammo, and it felt a little jumpy, even with the rubber slip-on grip.  I had previously shot the Pug mostly with LR ammo.  From the looks of them the CVs would offer better leverage to keep the gun steady.

If they work well on the Pug, I would consider them for the Black Widow, too.  I like the rubber BW grips, but if the CVs can give me smaller size and better accuracy, I'd be crazy not to use them.

RBL

I like the look of the chong grips, and I'm sure ill get a set sometime down the road.  I wish they offered a factory black widow grip that was just a little bit smaller in all dimensions, but clearly larger then the magnum and pug grips.  It seems like there is a niche that I unfilled.