New wood to me...

Started by Canoeal, December-19-19 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Canoeal

So, a couple of weeks ago I helped my neighbor load some wood from about 5 miles from my shop. In turn he gave me 2, 10' boards of this Box Elder Maple. It is not great wood as such, but it is interesting. When it gets damaged it turns red around the damage. The patterns are a little large for Minis, but I was trying to think of some other use for it. Any Ideas?
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Rigemortis

A display box for the mini.

RogueTS1

Shotgun stock and fore-end. Should be a very straight forward project for somebody with your skill set.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

barrytheprof

Something with the bark left on, maybe a coat rack or some trivets. With 20 running feet you could do several things. or 100,000 toothpicks.

Canoeal

Quote from: RogueTS1 on December-20-19 07:12
Shotgun stock and fore-end. Should be a very straight forward project for somebody with your skill set.

I thought about fore-arms and stocks for a Henry, I do not currently own either a shotgun or the Henry (yet)...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

bearcatter

Impressive top for a bar or table top....finished with something tough like polyurethane?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

RogueTS1

Quote from: Canoeal on December-20-19 09:12
Quote from: RogueTS1 on December-20-19 07:12

I thought about for-arms and stocks for a Henry, I do not currently own either a shotgun or the Henry (yet)...

Perfect reason to change said situation.  ;)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Canoeal

Saving cash as we speak... :)

RogueTS1

Quote from: Canoeal on December-20-19 16:12
Saving cash as we speak... :)

Lay some empty 12 gauge shotgun shells on the counter or kitchen table top for the gun fairy. You will have something in a day or two. Trust me; I do it all the time and it has never failed. She is very punctual.  ::)  ;)

Canoeal

I need to borrow your gun fairy...Mine gets very confused.

RogueTS1

You must be doing something wrong .................. just leave her something, like cookies and milk for Santa on the big night, and then sit back and enjoy.