Extra small pistol rugs

Started by bearcatter, January-17-20 08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcatter

Looking for really small zipper pistol rugs for my Guardians. Best I've found online is Bulldog rugs with a zipper pocket, with a Colt tag and Colt stamped zipper pulls. Stated to be 7" X 6". Guardian 32s are roughly 5 X 4, so that would work, but even smaller would be better. Maybe good for minis, too ?

Anybody have the Bulldog Colt rugs, or similar ?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Ruger

A number of years ago I invested in a quantity of Bulldog Pistol Rugs w/o handles in X-Small, small, medium, and large.  Mostly because I ran into a regional gun shop chain that appeared to be getting rid of their stock.  I still have about half of them left, but I'm glad I took the opportunity because I keep all of my pistols and revolvers in these (zippers opened, of course) in my safes, and it makes for a somewhat unified look.  The extra small w/o handles I think would be just right for a Guardian (w/o space for an extra mag), but I noticed that size is now hard to find.  They are perfect for all of my NAAs.  I use the next size up for my Sig P238s because I like to keep an extra loaded mag in the rug.  An, yes, all of my firearms in the safe (and elsewhere) are fully loaded, generally cocked, locked, and ready to rock. 
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

bearcatter

Thanks, Ruger !

On your info, I just bought two from eBay. Searching 'Bulldog Colt case' brings them up. A couple of sellers have them about $8 and free shipping. That's cheap for a rug with a zipper pocket, and looks like there isn't anything smaller. Some sellers want nearly $20, ??

They aren't on Bulldog's website, so must be discontinued. Get 'em while you can.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Canoeal

I have a bulldog case also, not for my minis.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

bearcatter

They have a rep for being good. I usually get cheapo Allen rugs, because I don't use them much. Range transport is in the hard poly Plano Protector cases. 

I've found that Bulldog used to make several sized Colt logo rugs and range bags. One Amazon review says the XS only fits the Mustang, too small for Cobra, so should be good for me. No Bulldog rugs have a zipper pocket anymore, just velcro. Everything getting cheaper made.

Wumbey Goomba

6 3/8 x 5 1/4

bearcatter

I've seen those. Good size, for the LCP. Ruger says 5mm ( fifth of an inch) foam, though. I like "drop onto concrete" padding. I've read that the Bulldogs I bought have firm 3/4 inch foam; I'll see when I get them. I didn't have to have a pocket, but nice for a mag.

Rigemortis

Quote from: Wumbey Goomba on January-19-20 00:01
6 3/8 x 5 1/4, Got this Saturday at local gun show.$5 ea. or 3for $10.
Like a dummy I only bought two. Not that bad of quality, no zippered
pocket though. It's on Rugers website $6.95
Also on Amazon $6.77 free ship with prime.(Search Ruger 19006)

Can you take a picture with it open and your revolver on top?

Wumbey Goomba

Here you go Rigemortis.
My Sig 238 is probably a little bit bigger than
a Guardian 380.The case will zip with it in it
no problem.

Wumbey Goomba

Remember

bearcatter

For me, the lock boxes are useless. I already had a GunVault lock box with a cable, and a small safe. A good rug would have been a better "extra" for my Guardians.

Bj

I like the lock boxes, all are in use with a cable.  They allow multiple secure locations.  It must be hard trying to please all customers when we have different preferences.

Rigemortis

I like my lock box. It's more functional than nost pistol's plastic cases, since the lock is built in. I use mine for over night trips so I can lock up my gun while I'm sleeping so my nephew won't get into it. To each their own.

bearcatter

Quote from: Bj on January-20-20 06:01
I like the lock boxes, all are in use with a cable.

Where did you find cables? They don't come with one, even though there's a notch for it. That would be much more useful.

Wumbey Goomba

I get that the law dictates why they switched to lock boxes.
And see the value in keeping guns out of little ones hands.

bearcatter

Quote from: Wumbey Goomba on January-20-20 08:01

On a different note,I wonder how much more a Naa product cost us (the consumer)
for them to purchase, store, and ship those metal boxes we get with every purchase.
You know that cost is passed on to us. Yes the rug and holster cost them something too.
But the extra cost of storing and shipping those heavy metal boxes is probably a big
pain for them plus costly.

They're sold on the website, $19, but no cable. My GunVault NanoVault lists for $35 (I paid a good bit less), with a cable and double bit key. The NAA box does have stronger looking hinges, and that big logo on the lid advertising what's in it......

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/uncategorized/naa-metal-locking-gun-case-2/

Uncle_Lee

All them metal boxes fill up the shoeboxes toooooo quick.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

Well, I got the Bulldog Colt rugs today (see OP), and they are really good, for me. Well made with thick firm padding. Pocket can hold two mags. They open flat. There's a Delrin D-ring on a short strap at the rear corner, so you can hang it. Outside is 7 X 6" as listed, inside is 6 X 5". Leaves an inch all the way around a Guardian 32. Well worth $8.....